2003 Speed DYNOJET results

Post your dyno charts here!
ryanclark75

#1 Post by ryanclark75 »

This is the DYNO sheet for my 2003 Speed 440 from High Performance ATV in MO, after they rebuilt my engine. I went back with stock piston and rings but I did have the head recut to run the larger Wilcox intake valves from Black Widow. I did quite a few engine upgrades recommended by Brad Oakley but they were all to keep the bike reliable, none were mods for horsepower just better shims and internal bolts stuff like that. I did do the +2mm intake valves and ported & polished the head to give me that bottomend power for riding the trails with my buddies. I have to say it does run great and it has great power and it will walk all over my cousins 660 stock raptor and I love the bike but someone mentioned on one forum that the guys at High Performance were clowns with their "Eddie current Dyno" and didnt do a good job when they tuned my bike. Here is the sheet tell me what you think. Plus when my buddy picked the bike up from High Performance for me said it was a mess full of grease and grim and they didnt bother to even hose it off. And it went in clean. Do you think I should get it re-dynoed? Link to locate DYNOS http://www.dynojet.com/dyno_centers/list_atvkart.aspx

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

You need to see the AFR to know if they did a good job.Ask them if they got rpms also.

ryanclark75

#3 Post by ryanclark75 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jun 29 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You need to see the AFR to know if they did a good job.Ask them if they got rpms also.

Please forgive my stupidity, what is the AFR??

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Air Fuel Ratio

It is the measurement of how lean or rich the motor is running at the given rpm and throttle %.

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

Are you running a stock airbox? What type of pipe?

ryanclark75

#6 Post by ryanclark75 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jun 29 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you running a stock airbox?What type of pipe?

HMF slip on, And a stock airbox with the bigger velocity stack from Black Widow.

2mike18

#7 Post by 2mike18 »

Granted there are many variables to consider but I would think even a mild port and polish with the rest of the items you listed would get you in the low 40s' horse range I have seen stock with toaster muffler do 37 horse, just my .02cents. But I would get another opinion on the tuning or maybe cam timing I only say this because you may have untapped power going to waste that you already paid for but haven't got yet.

ryanclark75

#8 Post by ryanclark75 »

QUOTE (darkknight @ Jun 30 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
granted there are many variables to consider but I would think even a mild port and polish with the rest of the items you listed would get you in the low 40s' horse range I have seen stock with toaster muffler do 37 horse just my .02cents but I would get another opinion on the tuning or maybe cam timing I only say this because you may have untapped power going to waste that you already paid for but haven't got yet.

I found someone near my home that has a dyno and I spoke with him and he is familiar with this situation on these bikes. He said the guy probably never mapped a Dale before and F&%ked it up. He is going to re dyno the bike and take a look at the mapping. Thanks for the feed back.

speedracer

#9 Post by speedracer »

Dump the stock airbox for a pod-filter set-up (Boomer type). That will get you a couple h.p. That does seem a little low.

peterock

#10 Post by peterock »

Oversized valves may be hurting you. Once you have everything assembled, you need room around the valves and there isn't much there between the valve and cylinder wall. Bigger isn't always better.