So ya think ya need a stroker crank eh?

Post your dyno charts here!
ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#21 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Wistech quote "This engine was a design study to see if the 30ft pound barrier could be broken. Something no stock crank or falicon has been able to do."

Falicon ported 478

wistech

#22 Post by wistech »

Does this silvertoad count too laugh.gif

wistech

#23 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (wanablaze @ Nov 18 2006, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Wistech,
Stock stroke, you should be able to run 12,500rpm rev limiter. (I wouldn't).

I'm hoping that the prototype cam is what made the power peak higher than previous stroker motors.

Im not afraid to turn it up because you can see it wasnt dropping off like usual up high. Its not the crank
Tim was concerned about .It is the mass of the piston and the wrist pin.

Although this head is the most extreme porting I dont think its the whole reason it pulled these numbers. The results from the exhausts seem to show something is going on with exhaust flow. We have always lost considerable hp with a quiet core.

Happyboy

#24 Post by Happyboy »

Nice work guys. I guess Steve was sitting back messing with the numbers huh? tsk tsk Steve!! smile.gif

J. Delaney

#25 Post by J. Delaney »

Peak horsepower will not win races. Look at the graph that has the SAS 470 and a 460. The SAS will stomp the 460 in almost every race, the exception being a drag race.

azcannon

#26 Post by azcannon »

when are you guys just gonna do an engine dyno and save all the quad work and stuff. seems like a lot faster way to do all the comparisons and mmodifications and see what differences its making

wistech

#27 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (J. Delaney @ Nov 19 2006, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Peak horsepower will not win races. Look at the graph that has the SAS 470 and a 460. The SAS will stomp the 460 in almost every race, the exception being a drag race.

Maybe this will help in the comparison. I set out to bridge the gap between the bread and butter 448 stroker engine and the stock crank motors with just a ported head. Which it clearly shows. The blowing it away with 55hp was just a bonus surprize. Obviously it will not beat the handfull of dyno king engines.
Say I have a updated crank engine needing a new top end. I can throw a piston kit ,cam,and ported head without taking the bottom end apart again . Very apealing to someone who doesn't have unlimited funds and especially time to wait for stroker cranks.

Blue 432 witech ported stock crank
Red 432 mild ported stock crank
green timbomoose 448 ported stroker
blue 460 witech ported head ,prototype camshafts
brown 470 SAS witech ported head, extra stroker crank

All exhausts were fmf ti4

wistech

#28 Post by wistech »

at 10,000 rpm the hp lines between the SAS and the 460 are joined . Time to up the rev limiter .LOL

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (azcannon @ Nov 19 2006, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when are you guys just gonna do an engine dyno and save all the quad work and stuff. seems like a lot faster way to do all the comparisons and mmodifications and see what differences its making

Why would it be faster to do a engine dyno?All this takes is 3 straps to hold quad in,AFR stuck into exhaust and tach wire hooked up.Takes ten minutes and its very accurate even with different chassis being run with same motors.

wistech

#30 Post by wistech »

Hey Wanablaze,AnimalsCannibal. Can you send me the run files for a comparison of the falicon to the stocker. I cant seem to find any in my files.

The engine dyno would be cool for getting much bigger numbers but since we have dynojets all over the country and they are all very accurate it would be best to stay with those. Besides wouldnt you want to know what the machine is putting to the ground. Has anyone got a bike on a dyno yet? They are supposed to read 8hp higher than a quad.