70HP club

Post your dyno charts here!
cdsracer

#21 Post by cdsracer »

Yup, lost the crank (z400). Put a new crank in it along with some new mains and re-dyno'd on 91 octane at 5psi...has a couple of dune trips on it. It only goes to St. Anthony when my brother-in-law flies up here from SoCal to ride it. Otherwise it just sits in my garage.

cdsracer

#22 Post by cdsracer »

Oh...forgot to mention that it didn't actually lock up. It was shedding metal so we tore it down and found the bearing was going bad. Not the bearing's fault or any problem with oiling system. We found that the oil was diluting with fuel (methanol bad for bearings) because of a bad injector. It now has the Edelbrock injectors in it.

It is a pretty fun little machine to ride at 63hp, was even more so at 70 though.

claas900

#23 Post by claas900 »

Thats a really good number 63hp pump gas and only 5lbs. My 495 is just shy of 63hp and its a lot of fun. Is your 432 bone stock?

cdsracer

#24 Post by cdsracer »

It is ported and the cams are timed...otherwise stock. We wanted to see what kind of horsepower we could get out of a 432 with boost and if it blew up we didn't want to be forking out big $ for a piston to get it running again. It would be fun to put boost on a larger displacement. We've kind of lost interest since we are running V8 sandrails now...they fill the need for speed while the quads are still a blast for trails, wheelies and jumps etc..