70HP club

Post your dyno charts here!
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Well somebody had to be first . The glory had already been taken in the 60hp club so I decided to just skip that and go for 70. I apoligize to all those left in the dark on the project and to those that I could not get back to thier calls and other projects. . Ive gotten very little sleep the past few weeks to get the quad ready for the record run. Thanks to my new friend Ricky Dire I was able to custom design a nitrous oxide kit for the Cannondale . Trying to be consevative I knew the SAS was going to be down by at least 5 to 10 hp on the current record holder and we jetted the system with a range of 8 to 16 hp nozzles. It was kind of a interesting project because the standard no2 kits started at 25hp and went way over 300. I am using the smallest jets ever made at .014" This was just going to be a test to see if the case and crank could hold together before going on to bigger numbers. Wed I had the system rigged together and was able to find a bottle filling station to get the tank filled . I had a few bench test firings of fuel and No2 but never ran the quad until friday with the nitrous for fear of grenading the engine before it laid down some numbers. We played it by ear and the SAS seemed to really like the juice but had a tire slippage problem on several runs. The only issue with the engine looked like the bleed hose for the coolant bottle devoloped a crack and leaked out on the last runs so the testing was stopped. The afr was decent ,a little rich but thats "safe" with the juice otherwise the piston would have melted within seconds if it was to lean. The squiggly lines on the graph are from the slicks losing traction.
The quads power was achieved with the 500ecm,harley injectors at 25 psi,nitrous at 750psi,nitrous fuel presure at 6 psi ,timbomoose crank &rod,seriously shaved wiseco piston and stock fmf ti exhaust.
I think with the hot exhaust cams reinstalled,oxygenated fuel,new cp piston,custom big bore header and some tuning this little 470 should be able to get to 75 to 80hp. I dont even want to think about what Ill do with a 505 . Anyone want to volunteer to risk thier 505 for destruction? Cmon its just money.

Oh yes the whole deal with the crazy huge dual exhaust that I posted the grainy picture of was a April fools diversion to throw everybody off. And it looks like it worked very well. The bottle of Liquid horsepower was real though but I have yet to test it out. smile.gif

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Here's the dyno chart of the imfamous green weenie which had to be thrown just to detune the quad. But it wasnt enough to lose to the big 505 . Sorry Tom biggrin.gif Yes its a $20 Stanley Tractor muffler pulling over 60hp LOL

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

It should pull good off the line with 46 pounds of grunt.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

go ahead and make up some 75hp stickers too. smile.gif

Good work man....

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Mar 25 2007, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
go ahead and make up some 75hp stickers too.

They are already ordered. What color would you like?

I wasnt joking about the fire hazzard if the SAS detonated . I brought an extra fire extinguisher just in case and has Mike Cousins SR and JR ready to put out the flames.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

The green weeny exhaust was bleeding a bit laugh.gif

http://media.putfile.com/Dyno-Aftermath

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

where was the coolant leaking from?

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Thats not coolant . I think steve wet himself when he saw the run screen. tongue.gif
The water pump bleed hose cracked open behind the clamp.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

No its Naquida biggrin.gif

claas900

#10 Post by claas900 »

I had to give this a bump, how many 70hp are out there, or even 75hp?