450cc Dyno Record Cannondale

Post your dyno charts here!
cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Well sad to say its not with new pipe.But after going through all the work testing pipes I decided to pull out all stops and go for the throat.I broke the tube for AFR so AFR is wrong but this could be tuned more.All I did was move entire line richer with flowrate since U4 and no filter it was running lean.So there is more to be had if I would have mapped.
That said Everyone is running U4 even at AMA races.If you want a 450class easy 56hp all day long motor talk to Timbo and go kick the jappers butts.

U4Race gas,NoFilter,Stator unplugged.
[attachment=3055:Record_450cc.jpg]

ADMINISTRATOR

#2 Post by ADMINISTRATOR »

HOLY SCHMIT! I'm even impressed! I didn't know if a solid 55 was posible out of a 448cc motor,but 58!!! on low compression even.WOW!
WOW! WOW! It comes down too a good tuned motor and spending time doing the details degreeing the cams.Excelent job Steve! WOW!

T-Rex

#3 Post by T-Rex »

Steve this map looks awesome. I can't wait till I try it. I'm going to try VP MR9 in the quad with the new map if everything goes well..

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

I am offering to send my motor to you when done for dyno runs and tuning... It has to be tuned with Boomer set up and a stock TB.. It would be in the mail Tuesday April 9th or I would pay for a flight one way or most of both ways for tuning a map at KBR's dyno and then hit the dunes for the ride of your life since I was hurt last time you guys came out...

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

If I do a motor for you it must be done my way.1000ecu,bored throttlebody,ported head,Harley injectors,Cyclone.The works.Can be done for much,much less $ than your current bigger motor.

T-rex isnt your motor a low compression like mine?If so U4 is what you should be running.

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

I'm talking about my current motor which doesn't have a bored TB.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Oh.I get it.I would love to but I will be lucky to make some of group rides around here.Burned alot of vacation snowmobiling.Would have to send it with exhaust also.

T-Rex

#8 Post by T-Rex »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Apr 1 2007, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I do a motor for you it must be done my way.1000ecu,bored throttlebody,ported head,Harley injectors,Cyclone.The works.Can be done for much,much less $ than your current bigger motor.

T-rex isnt your motor a low compression like mine?If so U4 is what you should be running.

Yes it is Steve, but the MR9 is a 8% increase over pump gas. Also with the 12:1 compression it would work great. I am not real fond of U4 becasue of the damage it did to my other quads.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

U4 is for low compression motors.13:1 max.Maybe thats why it ruined your other motors?

T-Rex

#10 Post by T-Rex »

I talked to one of the VP reps in person at the home office which is about 30minutes from me. He explained that U4 is for any compression engine. The MR9 would work best in low compression engines, best bang for the buck, but at close to $20 a gallon I'm not sure.
I had a low compression 10:1 RAPTOR and after two hours of use it pitted the crap out of cylinder and started to eat the inside of the fuel tank and clogging up the needle and seat of the carb. I'll never use U4 again, I don't trust it....