Can anyone post a Predator TLD chart VS a 468 nonported chart?

Post your dyno charts here!
GDITheman

#1 Post by GDITheman »

My buddy has a Predator TLD and has put a carb, exhaust and air filter on it. He also lightened the flywheel. He says his engine makes a lot of torque, but his power band is so smooth that you can control it easily. I told him it's not a torquey engine compared to my 468. It doesn't feel like it at all. Just looking for a Dyno chart for basic comparison of where power is made. He also says stock his engine is supposed to make 50 hp. I said maybe at the crank, but not at the rear wheels.

yamadjs08

#2 Post by yamadjs08 »

For a 500cc, predators make hardly any torque... You have to rev them to get anywhere, and they do not make 50hp at the wheels... A good friend of mine had one for a couple years, he just traded it in on a new Kawi. A stock Cannondale motor makes more torque than a piped predator I bet... Plus a lightened flywheel isn't going to help, its going to make it rev more now and have less torque... Predators are slow... cool.gif

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

I agree. It takes a lot to get the predator going. My friend had one and had to play around with the gearing to get it up to par. And even after all that and some motor work, he still couldn't get it just right.

GDITheman

#4 Post by GDITheman »

I agree it makes no torque down low. It is not too bad with his mods at mid range and higher, but he is an engineer for Ford and thinks he knows everything. Anyway, I just wanted to find a dyno chart to show him he isn't making torque down low and the Dales do.

T-Rex

#5 Post by T-Rex »

I traded my Predator for a Cannondale and haven't missed it once. There to heavy and slow for me..

cobradaler

#6 Post by cobradaler »

QUOTE (GDITheman @ Jun 7 2007, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree it makes no torque down low. It is not too bad with his mods at mid range and higher, but he is an engineer for Ford and thinks he knows everything. Anyway, I just wanted to find a dyno chart to show him he isn't making torque down low and the Dales do.

a good friend of mine has a tld pred and weve done a few mods to it mainly i built a custum set of duals for it. dynoed it and got just shy of 50hp, and it has more torq than my c-dale, not more hps but more torq. it runs great.

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

Why would anyone build a nonported 468? What a waste of money.

GDITheman

#8 Post by GDITheman »

Since I spend about $2500 / rebuild and Tim found a crack in my case, I thought spending another $200 to fix the crack was better than spending the money on porting. I also have 3 mortgage payments, a couple of boats and harleys, and too many other hobbies to finance as well as 2 kids and a wife that also have hobbies to finance. As long as I can still thump all over the Raptors and Predators I encounter, I'm happy. Maybe porting will be part of the next $2500 rebuild, or you could offer your porting services at an extremely discounted price to "help a brother out."

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

I hear you on the money thing. Its just that a ported stock crank stock bore would have most likely been a few hundred bucks cheaper and I would bet would easily outpower a nonported 468. Id like to help you out but Ive got enough charity cases . Unless you are up for running prototype engines. Call Tim ,he may be slow but he is for sure cheaper.

GDITheman

#10 Post by GDITheman »

I don't need to pull my engine and have it ported. It's time to ride, not wait by the door for UPS. I already beat the guys I need to on the trail and run very well on the MX track. I can give a long story on how I got to 2 $2500 rebuilds in 2 years, but it's not necessary and not my fault (I had "prototype parts" in the 1st rebuild, which lead to the second rebuild). I just don't need my balls busted over something like porting.