Can anyone post a Predator TLD chart VS a 468 nonported chart?

Post your dyno charts here!
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

I agree.I bet a nonported 468 is a HUGE improvement over stock especially for MX.I bet that motor is very smooth power.I would like to try one.

timbomoose

#12 Post by timbomoose »

Non ported strokers run WAY better than stock. Litterally night and day difference. Biggest difference between ported and non ported is the power at upper rpms(8000rpm to redline). Bottom to midrange virtually identical. Wistech have you even ridden a non ported 467? Probably not. Its an extremelt FUN motor. I'll see next time at at the dyno if I can get some predator runs for comparison.

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

A "fun" motor? Your right I dont own motors anymore that can be labeled as peppy,sporty ,zippy or fun.
Ill stick with scary,wicked and crazy power.

Not meaning any offense to theman but the best bang for the buck and first on the list when going for performance is porting. Upgrading to strokers and increased displacement is the expensive way to go for the extra few ponies and torque. Thats kind of why I have put so much work into getting power out of stock parts. For us guys who dont have money to spend on fancy parts.

GDITheman

#14 Post by GDITheman »

Back when I first had the engine rebuilt porting was being done by people who didn't have the best reputation for quality or success. This time, it wasn't suggested, so I didn't worry about it. Like I said, I'll probably have it done next time around. For now, I'll ride and wax Raptors and Predators. Does the porting help the torque down low? If not, then it's not much use to me. I ride on the torque side and only get into high rpms when I fall asleep with my thumb on the throttle. The torque allows me to be a lazy rider. I let the torque do the work and I just hang on.

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (GDITheman @ Jun 16 2007, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back when I first had the engine rebuilt porting was being done by people who didn't have the best reputation for quality or success. This time, it wasn't suggested, so I didn't worry about it. Like I said, I'll probably have it done next time around. For now, I'll ride and wax Raptors and Predators. Does the porting help the torque down low? If not, then it's not much use to me. I ride on the torque side and only get into high rpms when I fall asleep with my thumb on the throttle. The torque allows me to be a lazy rider. I let the torque do the work and I just hang on.

That is a good question . Then we are back to the velocity thread. Everyone was so worried about torque loss with performance porting. Well the hundreds of dyno charts show all.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

This is the best I can do for you.Matt Mullens I know for sure is a Predator it was Rath exhaust,ported,big valves,shaved head,U4fuel.The rest are in Polaris directory but could be Utility or who knows what.I also dont have any non ported 468 strokers so I used my ported 450stroker.Best I can do.[attachment=3919:Predator.jpg]