Big dog dyno time

Post your dyno charts here!
wistech

#61 Post by wistech »

I am not buying that at all. The 468 should have had the lines mingling with the 480 and nowhere near the 495 or 505. Unless we figure out what the deal is all dyno comparison from the past and now are bogus. It seems to still work good for tuning though. It had better be bad fuel because if someone has been tampering on purpose with the dyno we are looking for a new one.

wanablaze

#62 Post by wanablaze »

I agree with John that something definitely wasn't right. My dad and I will be lining 'em up this Saturday. I'm sure that he's going to walk all over me. With longer gearing and 6 ply tires, he was able to stay right next to me before the tune. Then once I hit the rev limiter in fifth, he'd walk by. Now he's got 4 more rwhp to play with.

Steve, open a run from kirkscannibal. Set the y-axis to hp and the x-axis to engine speed. Now open wanablaze runfile #21. See something drastic there? What's up with that?

cannondale27

#63 Post by cannondale27 »

You are saying Kirk's is geared taller than your was when you dynoed? If so yes something is majorly wrong since this shows just the opposite.[attachment=5187:Gearing.jpg]

cannondale27

#64 Post by cannondale27 »

Revlimits were same so it cant be that.
[attachment=5188:Time_Kirk.jpg]

peterock

#65 Post by peterock »

What tires did you guys use?

cannondale27

#66 Post by cannondale27 »

Same tires.

wanablaze

#67 Post by wanablaze »

Alright. Got it figured out. Pops' quad has taller gearing with the 22" tires, but the reason he's got shorter gearing on the dyno is because he had the 18 inch dyno tires on. My mistake, forgot about that.

cannondale27

#68 Post by cannondale27 »

More and more I am thinking the numbers we got are correct. Maybe gas or some other factor hurt top end peak. But, really it is not big deal. This kind of puts it into perspective. One is my quad 5 years ago with just a BigGun exhaust. Other is stock stroke 450cc many mods but still 450 class legal as raced. My same quad. Dynoed same dyno. This is what we have all done. Nearing a 50% increase in power with same class motor. Just top end mods!

Looking at it like this puts things into perspective not to mention the 1540 dyno runs at Mike's Cycle by Cannondales!
[attachment=5189:5years.jpg]

MX Quad Dad

#69 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 17 2007, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got the charts from dyno.Give us time to see what is going on.But we all were not happy with the peak hp numbers.Nobody broke 60hp.Plans are to go back and try some things real soon here.

I've been working out in my shop and shooting the *#@*. and brought back memories of working at a gas station. I remember the supplier
talking to the boss about winter blend or summer. all I can remember him telling me was that whatever they added for summer helped resist vapor lock. is there a differance ? If there is could it effect HP#?

Next I remember the big debate of LOW LEAD and then NO LEAD. All of the drag racing guys had all kinds of theroies on how the lead helped. The first year we owned the Moto It only had leaded gas in it. With about 30 races I didn't see any problems with it. Do you think it would help or hurt Dyno numbers.

peterock

#70 Post by peterock »

If I remember correctly most race fuels that produce good results are leaded. The lead helps "lubricate" to say. I read up on the differences several years back when I first go into racing but don't remember all the advantages/disadvantages anymore. However, that did apply to your carbs and not fuel injectors and the lead may be a disadvantage with injectors.