The little engine that could

Post your dyno charts here!
thedeatons

#31 Post by thedeatons »

Thanks Steve!

I appreciate your compliment very much.

I too thought that was a good number, and I wasn't trying to be greedy by asking about more. Just curious. If it's in there and free for the taking, I wouldn't mind having it.

I'm not a dyno warrior or out looking to make the most, I just like having a great ball of fun with what I have, and more is always more fun. All the credit goes to whoever thought it up of course. smile.gif

By the way, Cdsracer did the tuning, I simply watched his changes over his shoulder...

wistech

#32 Post by wistech »

My speed was dynoed a it still sits and as it was driven in the youtube video. 55.10hp with the dual quiet toasters . 56.75 with Mikes open duals. 53.5 with open Ti exhaust.With air filter,never touched anything as it as my trail quad. We were just hoping to beat Karas 51hp engine. I did use VP oxygenated fuel which on mikes 450 gained like 1-2 hp when we refilled it. I ported the head pretty radical sacrificing all for top end. It also has some wild cam timing. The only reason I think the torque was so high was due to the gapless rings and dual exhaust. I will check out the charts to see the differences in the torque on the exhaust systems.
The other thing we did to mine and mikes was break them in out on the lake instead of on the dyno so I had synthetic oil in it already.
Cripes this engine was a fluke and I hope nobody ever expects that as normal numbers. I can only think of one other 432 that ever broke 50 and I think it was Matts. I am sure if we used a 1000ecu we could have squeaked a little more torque out of it but hp most likely would have been the same as other tests have shown. I suppose I could have put a non oring chain on ,installed a magnetless flywheel and opened the dyno room doors to get an extra half horse out of it but like I said it was my trail quad.
We installed mikes duals on his high compresion 450 and it dynoed about a quarter horse less than mine . i ported both heads about the same. His had a cp 450 piston and mine had a stock asso with gapless rings.