The little engine that could

Post your dyno charts here!
cannondale27

#21 Post by cannondale27 »

Mike Walker at ATP built this LTR motor.He is running the smaller 09 throttlebody and ECU.Hmm seems backwards to me.We will see.

wistech

#22 Post by wistech »

I will see how things work out . I have the parts together for the nitrous 432 but I still need to build a few maps to try out for both the 505's. Either way both dales will be into the 60's and 70's or bust. (which is pretty likely )LOL

yamadjs08

#23 Post by yamadjs08 »

Awesome, I love seeing the stock 432's pushed to their limits! You should PM me a price on a head like that? I have a spare head I could exchange also...

m_mcgranahan

#24 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

Kidos on the dyno results! I can't believe that much power is there to be had from a ported stocker!!! Um so was there any seat left after porting ;-) Seriously, don't you se an increase in the probability of a dropped seat when you cut away a lot of it when porting? (I know its a press fit so in theory you are cutting the inside, but when you do cut it you would seem to weaken the structure overall?)

So how many hours does the little one have on it now? ANy issues so far?

Thanks

God bless...

Mark

Ps. Man, I need to learn to do my porting jobs like that!!!

m_mcgranahan

#25 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

One more thing, does using the mc500 instead of the mc1000 ecu have anything to do with being able to make such great power?

God bless...

Mark

wistech

#26 Post by wistech »

The only seat I had let go was one from a stock head that they must have not had enough interference fit on as I recieved the head with a dropped seat. Then after having that seat replaced ,head ported the other intake seat fell out after a few hours. Luckily no damage was done and it was repaired .
I have not had any other issues and I dont think Tim has either.

As far as the 500vrs 1000ecm they have their strengths and weaknesses. Although most all of my record setting engines were using 500ecms its not because of the computer . They would have put out the same power with a 1000ecu and had a more linear afr due to the adjustabilty.

m_mcgranahan

#27 Post by m_mcgranahan »

very cool...

God bless...

Mark

wistech

#28 Post by wistech »

Heres the torque comparison for the 432's. The cams were degreed at 113intake and 110.5 exhaust. One would think the torque on the bottom and mid would be at least equal or less with that timing.
As far as the injectors they are the standard off the shelf injectors from Marren fuel injection. I just ordered the cheapest 22 pounders they had. I think 20 or 21's are what will b required to use the stock regulator.

thedeatons

#29 Post by thedeatons »

Were you running pump gas?

Was your stator connected?

Was your rear brake caliper mounted with pads intact?

Not trying to be a punk John.... I'm just trying to figure out how you got those hp numbers. Our Timbo ported 432s are pumping out 49 with 106I/106E timing, on 91 octane pump gas.

Very excited at the potential of 6 more hp waiting inside our engines.

cannondale27

#30 Post by cannondale27 »

His bike got 39hp so I would say 49hp is darn good.Wistech goes to the max and pays the price for it.Hope people dont expect that all the time.I know I barely beat his motor with $1000's of dollars part,exotic fuels and time invested in my Ti 450cc.You did good Deaton.