The little engine that could

Post your dyno charts here!
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Go for it . One thing I think you will agree on is how awesome the 500ecm were for starting the quads regardless of tune. Hundreds of times when you hit the start button both of them were running instantly. The mc1000 quad had issues depending on ther mapping changes and we ended up having to use a battery charger due to the extended cranking.

timbomoose

#12 Post by timbomoose »

Go little bugger go! Small and mighty! Awesome write up John!

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

Hey Tim here's a dyno chart for all those punks by you who bought the jap quads. Tell them I will race them with my 432. The 450 quads are in their respective colors.

wanablaze

#14 Post by wanablaze »

That last chart is pretty interesting...

mydreamride

#15 Post by mydreamride »

I wonder what the difference would be if all the jap 450s have received a good port job and some intake work (Air box mods even a clamp-on for a fair comparison, bored TB or carb, etc)?

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

I have been looking through the dyno charts but so far nothing above 50 hp. I need to look deeper.

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

Ok here are all the Yamaha 450's including a few bikes. I crushed them all. LOL Couldnt do a graph with torque or engine speed as most of the tards didnt get tach readings.

wistech

#18 Post by wistech »

At last after some digging I found one Honda 450r that was on par. Im not sure if it was a 450cc but it was a dirt racer .It did have porting ,oversized valves and other stuff not listed. It is nice to see somebody spent the cash to get some power.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Will be dynoing a LTR with porting etc. in next few weeks still 450cc. Should be interesting since no expense was spared. Sounds like Timbo found some more hidden power this weekend for our dales. Never ends!

2mike18

#20 Post by 2mike18 »

I will be assembling a yfz450 for a guy I work with it will be at min a 471 since he already has a stroker crank he will be getting it ported and thats all the enging mods he has decided on thus far but I WILL STRONGLY ENCOURAGE HIM to let me take it to the dyno c27 and wistec use since I will also need my dale tuned in and hope they might be willing to lend a hand. unfortunately I most likely will have the dale done at least a month before him. I would offer up my yfz but I already know I would be lucky to hit 50 with it. long story short his would be something else more than likely falling short of a cannondale even with the added cc's. if it wasn't for cdale55 I might never have knowing the jedi power of a dale..lol. laugh.gif laugh.gif