Mydeamrides high compresion 450

Post your dyno charts here!
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Here's one with a huge gain in power from dyno tuning. Funny thing was even running ultra rich it still ran great and Mike said he was beating everything out on the lake with it. Now its got 7 more hp.LOL

The engine is a Witech ported ,stock stroke ,I believe 14.5 to 1 CP piston. Dont remember cam timing. cyclone intake 24 pound injectors,mc500 ecu, 38 pounds fuel pressure. Dont forget the Firestorm dual exhaust Mike built himself. Great job Mike.

I was a little worried you would beat my little rocket and you came sooooo close. On a side note I taught Mike how to run the dyno so we can bring lawn chairs and kick back while he tunes our quads from now on. wink.gif

mydreamride

#2 Post by mydreamride »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 12 2008, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's one with a huge gain in power from dyno tuning. Funny thing was even running ultra rich it still ran great and Mike said he was beating everything out on the lake with it. Now its got 7 more hp.LOL

The engine is a Witech ported ,stock stroke ,I believe 15 to 1 CP piston. Dont remember cam timing. cyclone intake 24 pound injectors,mc500 ecu, 38 pounds fuel pressure. Dont forget the Firestorm dual exhaust Mike built himself. Great job Mike.

I was a little worried you would beat my little rocket and you came sooooo close. On a side note I taught Mike how to run the dyno so we can bring lawn chairs and kick back while he tunes our quads from now on. wink.gif

Wait till I get my bigger duals done to see if that will help with more power and we try some 22# injectors. And also try the flywheel key in the retarded position.
We set the cam timing to 110 intake and 108 exhaust. Just to bad you wouldn't let me use the bike computer for the fear of blowing my motor

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Great job Mike! Did you make Wistech pay for dyno since your pipes beat his?

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

LOL tongue.gif

mydreamride

#5 Post by mydreamride »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Mar 12 2008, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great job Mike! Did you make Wistech pay for dyno since your pipes beat his?

Of course I made him pay for the 1.5 hour dyno time when we did the exhaust battle, but I paid for the time to try to tone mine in. But the tuning is to far off this time because when I started the afr was completely off the chart (rich) from 0-redline. The bottom end is still off the chart till about 5,000 rpms, then its somewhat close.

timbomoose

#6 Post by timbomoose »

Awesome job Mike. Looks like we gotta send you over a 55hp club sticker. Thats a 10hp gain from your previous motor setup. Very impressive! Also awesome job on the exhuast, almost a 4hp gain over the fmf ti pipe! You have accomplished what FMF,HMF,BIG GUN,FLOW,BILLS,AAEN, and any other professional pipe builders and big name companies couldn't do,build a true big HP pipe for a Cannondale! Your pipe looks top notch professional quality and leaves all others in the dust and makes them seem just plain weak in comparison! Yet even in your early 20's and in your 1st attempt! Can't wait to see what you big bore pipe does next. Count me in for one when you're ready to sell. I'll have a full fmf ti pipe for sale! Great job and you have talent!

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

Dyno charts

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Here is Mikes exhaust with the best we could tune to on the 500ecm verses Tims tuning on the 1000ecm(blue). The 500(red) had more torque on the bottom end even with a super rich afr.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Jeeze thats not good.I wonder if AFR was wrong on dyno once again.That is really rich.Shouldnt have even idled.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Now the question is why did it hit harder and sooner on the bottom . Was it the ecm or the rich fuel? Now that we have the power commander problem fixed we need to get back to the dyno to see what can be done. Now we can lean the fuel out .