speed1b 460 trail quad

Post your dyno charts here!
timbomoose

#1 Post by timbomoose »

Here's a dyno chart of speed1b's 460 trail quad. Pump gas, ported bored throttlebody,hmf exhaust,cyclone intake foam filter with outerware.Green chart 460 ver nice powerband cam timing set up for overall powerband notice the lack of the cannondale dip in the midrange to upper mid. Red chart stock unported 432 full system with cannonboomer intake from same dyno.

Speed 1B

#2 Post by Speed 1B »

I'm very happy with the results of this build. Everything used in the motor was previously used parts that I just had laying around. The piston is a 12 or 12.5:1 WWE (old style CP) that was previously used in the drag bike.

Nothing special just a port job. Could maybe make more power with a shorty muffler, but trying to keep it some what quiet. Also, could have made more power going more agressive on the cam timing, but was looking for the perfect all-around power curve. Should be a blast to ride with some good power and awesome suspension thanks to C27. Hopefully I'll get some seat time this weekend.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Got to love the economy engines. Looks like Tim did a great job. Here's a chart from the same piston kit we did a couple years back. I don't remember the cam timing. The Cannondale dip is still there. The way it was graphed smooths it off so its almost nonexistant.

Speed 1B

#4 Post by Speed 1B »

Finally got it all together.

I bought this thing last summer and rode it very little...the group ride was about it. It was supposed to be a freshly updated motor but after riding it a few times and looking it over i was very skeptical. Turns out i was right. The crank was updated, but pressed together wrong. Lots of vibration. The cams were dead and the buckets were toast. The sticky bucket was very sticky. The timing chain guide was broke and put back together with epoxy. There were also very few gaskets used when this thing was put together so orange RTV was everywhere. The motor had the wrong starter clutch cover on it and was jammed into the clutch pack...combine that with junk cams and buckets and that answers the question of why it started so terrible. Im sure there are some other things im forgetting, but you get the idea anyways. So i ended up just using a used WWE piston i had laying around and had Tim and Marc work their magic. So now its an UPDATED stock stroke pump gas 460.

I rode it for about a half hr yesterday before work...worked all weekend so i didnt get to ride it as much as i would have liked. From what i can tell its gonna be really fun.

Im running a +1.5'' swingarm with an elka conversion done by Steve and it seems like an awesome XC set-up.
Ill put some more time into fine tuning the suspension here soon...but who knows when...now i gotta get the drag bike together.

Power is great...it has it everywhere and on demand.

Now all i need is a set of blaze shocks, an adjustable rear axle, and some front fenders that arent cut. All that will come later. For now its just ride, ride, ride!

Heres some pics.

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

Sure looks great,nice&clean!

ozarkdaler

#6 Post by ozarkdaler »

Vey nice. You sure do build some nice quads.

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

You need to post some pics of your drag dale,Ill just put some tissues near the key board to wipe up my drool!

claas900

#8 Post by claas900 »

Looks good