supermotard dyno

Post your dyno charts here!
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

I threw the Tard on the dyno yesterday to get a baseline. Started out at 38hp and 26ft pounds of torque. I put in a quad map and got it to 40hp. Yep its stock.LOL

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Wow, that's crazy!

Our local dyno guy dynos for exhaust companies, and he said when he sees a dirtbike with the same engine as it's ATV counterpart there is usually a 4hp difference, with the dirtbike being higher. He attributed that to less driveline loss and less rolling resistance.

It will be interesting to see what you end up with comparitively, to see if that holds true!

Figured anything out about a Cyclone for the dirtbike yet? I need something for mine with this Timbo ported head....

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats actually slightly LESS than all the stock quads we have dynoed there.I suspect that S exhaust is choking it off a bit.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Here's a little tidbit. Our new dyno operator pulled the tank off and seat to get at the battery for hooking the jump start pack up. This was half way through the session. He must not have plugged the return quick connect back in all the way. I got the suction line myself. Well after getting to 40hp the afr started getting richer and richer. I leaned out the map to no avail. He blamed the readings on the muffler screen not being deep enough. I really didn't care because we got our baseline and this engine is getting ripped out anyway so we got going on the other quad. Well Tony took my bike home and called later and said the bike is now leaking fuel and won't start. First thing I thought of was the quick connect and sure enough it popped out. Plugged it back in and she fired right up.
Another thing make sure they turn on the afr pump next time you go there. He forgot to do that as well. When I get the engine out of the bike I will check the cam timing. There has to be a reason this engine is a few ponies light. The cams are probably smoked already too. LOL For a stock engine in a bike it really is not very impressive at all.

2mike18

#5 Post by 2mike18 »

I'm still jealous you got a street legal tard and a close dyno.

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jul 20 2008, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
......Our new dyno operator pulled the tank off and seat to get at the battery for hooking the jump start pack up.

A "hot" lug bolt extends into the rear wheel well, straight back off of the starter solenoid. He did not have to pull anything off of the machine. Cannondale did us a favor with that feature, but it's easily overlooked. It seems you got a bogus Dyno session, for the last half anyway -- But you at least got a pressure test of the fuel lines! I suppose he will owe you a freebie next time?,.... LOL

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup. Remember the good old days when he wasn't around? Never had any dyno issues ever. I bet he won't last long. Just hope he doesn't burn down the place first.

peterock

#8 Post by peterock »

Sorry guys, all my future dyno test will be done at Janssen's.

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Looks like the tard likes the '02 Speed map. Much snappier off the line. Being it's made for the toaster it seems to work better with a corked up stock pipe. Now that the fuel line is working again I'm sure it's out of tune and running lean so we shall see if we can burn it up tonight.