the afr verses horsepower test

Post your dyno charts here!
racerx711

#31 Post by racerx711 »

i could tune that thing for days as could any other dyno tuner and you wouldnt see better !!!!

i mean this is the same guy who built the motor for the younger kid that came with you the same day right??

wistech

#32 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Aug 27 2008, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats because the AFR at hp peak was right about where it belonged. Not 10:1. If ridden at less than wide open it probably would foul plugs!

That is why posted the line on the chart. It the same exact numbers with a totally different afr at a lower rpm . After tuning with the straight afr it still needed some map work as it sputtered at wide open coming out of the corners.

cannondale27

#33 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (racerx711 @ Aug 29 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i see nothing but excuses from you... i could tune that thing for days as could any other dyno tuner and you wouldnt see better !!!!

i mean this is the same guy who built the motor for the younger kid that came with you the same day right?? the motor that didn't have any tranny oil in it, and blew up after only a few runs right??

What are you talking about here? Lost me.

cannondale27

#34 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Aug 29 2008, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is why posted the line on the chart. It the same exact numbers with a totally different afr at a lower rpm . After tuning with the straight afr it still needed some map work as it sputtered at wide open coming out of the corners.

I think I know what you are getting at. The thing to do with these dynos is look for averages. It's not an exact science since some things can effect readings. We also can't account for what the ECU is doing in the background like compensating for temp or whatever. We also can't account fro how the dyno operator applies the throttle and where it is applied. That is why it is better to tune lowend under a load. It takes the operator out of the equation.

peterock

#35 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (racerx711 @ Aug 29 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i see nothing but excuses from you... i could tune that thing for days as could any other dyno tuner and you wouldnt see better !!!!

i mean this is the same guy who built the motor for the younger kid that came with you the same day right?? the motor that didn't have any tranny oil in it, and blew up after only a few runs right??

If I had to guess who racerx711 is I would say it is the Dyno Tuner at Mike's Cycle Shop.

One way to promote people to come your business. Jump on the board where you don't know the community and start posting to see how many nerves you can strike.

wistech

#36 Post by wistech »

Just ran a couple more quads on the dyno to see what a difference going extreme one way or the other from around 13/1. Raising the line one point up or down had little to no effect on hp. I think if anything it will have slight effect on mileage and running lean will run the motor hotter and preignition will be a factor. To foul a plug I think you would have to spend a lot of time down below 10 or 11 to one. Kind of like a 2 stroke. If the power commander can adjust for hp accordingly I think that's what I will be shooting for and just use the afr as a general setting.

racerx711

#37 Post by racerx711 »

sorry... venting after i see this pete guy flaming mikes for not dropping customers who had an appointment setup weeks in advance for him!!

wistech.... i enjoy dynoing your quads... and i'm sure your seeing what i am capable of doing now, and more in the future.....

peterock

#38 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (racerx711 @ Sep 3 2008, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry... venting after i see this pete guy flaming mikes for not dropping customers who had an appointment setup weeks in advance for him!!

HMMMMMM............that's odd. Chris told me he gave all you the day off so it wouldn't be possible. Would have been different if he said the dyno was booked solid now wouldn't it?

racerx711

#39 Post by racerx711 »

QUOTE (peterock @ Sep 3 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HMMMMMM............that's odd. Chris told me he gave all you the day off so it wouldn't be possible. Would have been different if he said the dyno was booked solid now wouldn't it?

dyno wasn't booked, service jobs where...... the other service tech matt and chris had off that day..
i do also do service work at mikes.. including all the motor boring, rebuilding and modifing. i even did some harley heads and cylinders that day, and we are a honda shop...

cannondale27

#40 Post by cannondale27 »

Well you really ought to lay low here for awhile your pushing it again.