First Power Commander Dyno Runs

Post your dyno charts here!
peterock

#1 Post by peterock »

This was not done with the tuning link as I refuse to give that place my business anymore. Done similar to our current way except the entire map has been tuned and not just wot.

Quad:
450 Cp Stock Comp. Piston
Timbo Porting
Cyclone Intake
WeaponMX exahaust w/quiet core

Stock ECU Map:
X440 with minor change to ignition to bring the dip up you see around 6-7k
This is the ECU map I recommend everyone try to use with their Power Commander
www.glqra.com/Dyno/PCX440.ccf

Power Commander Map:
cp450tpoi

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Hey Pete.... Not to be jerky or anything, but doesn't that power seem a bit low? I had the same setup except for an FMF Ti, and mine made 51.8hp.

What timing are you running?

It will be interesting to see how the tuning link does... that AFR looks like it needs a bit of assistance.

Good to see that things are progressing!

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

I think if you stuff a cork in that fmf ti pipe, you'll see similar numbers. Maybe not. I don't know. This motor hit 53 hp on the dyno a year and a half ago, but it was a different dyno with a different exhaust also. I'll let you know how it feels on the mx track this weekend. Last weekend it felt great. Hopefully with this tuning it will feel even better.

moto440

#4 Post by moto440 »

Roger, are you running a high comp piston or stock? I ask since I am going high comp 450 with porting and Boomer intake on my new motor stock Moto FMF exhaust no quiet core.

2000ex

#5 Post by 2000ex »

Agreed, the power definitely is down...could be the dyno, but a 6-7 horse decrease is a lot. Was the blue the baseline run? Did not even pick up one HP or ft lb of torque.

peterock

#6 Post by peterock »

We didn't really have a base line run. That has to do with the other post I made as to guess what caused the sudden drop in power.

These two runs show the change with slight modification of the timing in the map. There was one section in the map ath WOT that the timing numbers progressed evenly and suddenly dip then come back up. I just made the timing so it progressed smoothly through that range. That slight change made an obvious difference as you can see.

I wasn't 100% happy with the AFR but after working 12 hours 3rd shift, getting 1 hour of sleep, followed by this dyno session, followed by 8 hour shift tonight..............I didn't really have more time to play with this. The way it was we had 6 hours invested into figuring out the problem in the other post. With how slick the Power Commander works though we could have easily made the AFR smoother with a little more time. This however does give people with slightly modded engines a good point to start though.

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (moto440 @ Aug 28 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
roger are you running a high comp piston or stock i ask since i am going high comp 450 with porting and boomer intake on my new motor stock moto fmf exhaust no quiet core

Regular compression, 12-1 or 12.5-1, I forget. Runs fine on 91 or 93 octane.

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Aug 28 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed, the power definitely is down...could be the dyno, but a 6-7 horse decrease is a lot. Was the blue the baseline run? Did not even pick up one HP or ft lb of torque.

How much of an effect will a bent axle have on dyno runs? Mine is bent pretty good........

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Aug 29 2008, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much of an effect will a bent axle have on dyno runs? Mine is bent pretty good........

Timbo has found that a bent axle can have a big impact on HP on a dyno.

racerx711

#10 Post by racerx711 »

QUOTE (peterock @ Aug 28 2008, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was not done with the tuning link as I refuse to give that place my business anymore. Done similar to our current way except the entire map has been tuned and not just wot.

Quad:
450 Cp Stock Comp. Piston
Timbo Porting
Cyclone Intake
WeaponMX exahaust w/quiet core

Stock ECU Map:
X440 with minor change to ignition to bring the dip up you see around 6-7k
This is the ECU map I recommend everyone try to use with their Power Commander
www.glqra.com/Dyno/PCX440.ccf

Power Commander Map:
www.glqra.com/Dyno/cp450tpoi.djm

i need a motor built, and i need it built tomm.... i'll be there at 8 AM...
can this be done?