Hey this dyno stuff is easy!

Post your dyno charts here!
kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

We took three quads to the dyno while we were up north before the group ride. I had just built all three motors in the week before the ride. Brad77, RDeal & mine. Brad got right at 52 hp with a 432cc motor with just porting and an open airbox. My brother was the surprise of the night with 57+ hp on a 465cc motor and mine was a little disappointing with 53 hp. I was trying some things out that just didn't pan out but the other two were very pleasant surprises. These were pretty much the highest numbers of the night for each bike with some subtle tweaking to get the lines a little better. That trimmed a few tenths off of each total. I am going to redo mine down here and see if I can beat my brothers bike. It sucks that I built all of the motors and I have the slowest one... dry.gif

[attachment=7173:Bradd77l_Dyno.jpg]
[attachment=7171:Rdeal_Dyno.jpg]
[attachment=7172:Kdeal_Dyno.jpg]

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Good stuff..... Writing maps is one of my favorite things now that I have figured it out....

52 out of that 432cc is VERY impressive! Care to share? Crazy cam timing?

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

Kdeal,

were those done with the power commander???

Some very nice long peak hp curves on all of those actually.

2mike18

#4 Post by 2mike18 »

nice numbers did you get a reading of the torgue curve also?? just curious for comparison reasons.

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Deatons: No crazy timing (106 & 108). That was my goal on all three motors. I am within 1/2 to 1 degree of those specs on all three motors.

Pete: It was on my bike and we beat it to death. It was the first time ever I was scared at a dyno. They loaded that poor motor down to almost idle speed wide open! It only had about an hour's worth of run time on the motor before the dyno. You should have seen the dyno operator's face when he saw the hour meter with 1 hour and change on it! The Power Commander came in very useful on small tunes in between the regular tune. I love the way that you can add or take away fuel on the fly and actually hear the difference when you hit the enter key.

Darknight: As soon as I can figure out how to use all the options in the software I will get the rest of the info. I need to talk to one of the dyno pros to see how to display everything that I want. I have the actual files and the software.

On the tunes, I was real close (dumb luck) before we showed up. I give full credit to Timbo for having some premade maps that put me in the ballpark. I tuned a little on the flow and offset numbers but I was within 1 hp pretty much on all three bikes, with a pretty good AFR. The dyno still rung a little bit more HP out of all of them. We played with the timing a lot to compensate for the short comings on my motor. I had a pipe built to my specs that I think killed the top end HP. I am going to retest with a FMF Ti set-up and see where I stand.

Brad77

#6 Post by Brad77 »

Kdeal, thanks for posting these up.
My 432 is extremely fun to ride. Nothing crazy done to it either. It is just very efficient due to Timbo's port work. The rest is just open filter and HMF exhaust.
I would like to check out the torque curve again too. I remember mine being around 32ft lbs

peterock

#7 Post by peterock »

Very nice

cdsracer

#8 Post by cdsracer »

Congrats! Those are really impressive numbers!! I bet those bikes are going to haul.

Pump gas or race gas? I assume this was on a dynojet?

Brad77

#9 Post by Brad77 »

My quad pulls like crazy. It runs great on 93 octane. Yes this was a dynojet we went to.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Kdeal could you post Brad77's chart using RPM rather than speed.Timbo and I are thinking here.