TricityCdale's Moto Run

Post your dyno charts here!
TricityCdale

#1 Post by TricityCdale »

Here is a copy of the dyno sheet for my wife's Moto. It has the stock head(not ported), Z400'd crank, and ASSO piston. The cams were timed at 106/106 (stock). It has the stock Ti exhaust and Boomer's intake w/K&N filter and tank mod.

Special thanks go out to Deatons and CDSracer for the very efficient tune job they did. I'll be back.....

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Holy cow I believe that is a record for a stock motor by 2 hp! Nice AFR.

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

Yah, Chris did a good job, as always. We didn't even spend too much time on the AFR actually, we called it quits early. We kinda have it down to a science, I run the quad, by the time the rollers stop he is loading a new map, then we go again. Very efficient.

Too bad you had the twist throttle Jeff, we could have accurately dialed in more than just 100% throttle.... Next time... smile.gif

Thanks again for delivering the donor KX60 for my daughter's quad. The engine is already in, I just need to build the swingarm and get the chain alignment set before I make the front motor mounts.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Thats pretty sweet for an unported engine.

TricityCdale

#5 Post by TricityCdale »

Thanks guys,
That quad has always been a real strong runner. It was purchased during the liquidation by a buddy of mine and I believe it was raced back East during Cannondale's hayday. I'm not sure if it was a factory machine, but it always started instantly and ran really good. The head has NEVER had anything done to it to date. I was talking to Timbo and he questioned if maybe it had one of the '04 prototype heads on it. I dunno, but I like it!

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Some of the factory heads have horribly lined up runners to valve seats which for sure mess up flow. It seemed to be a casting issue that has to be dealt with when porting heads. You might have got a good one. My motard could not even muster 40hp stock . The engine was in perfect condition with low milage. Im sure it will be a crappy casting when I take the valves out for porting tonight.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Kdeal had one stocker that was exceptionally fast also.Not sure if he dynoed it though.Old round exhaust and 02 headpipe and it was noticably faster than others.I want to try some of the old stuff next time on dyno since our motors with porting are so different from when we did testing way back.Might be worth it to try again.

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 17 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kdeal had one stocker that was exceptionally fast also.Not sure if he dynoed it though.Old round exhaust and 02 headpipe and it was noticably faster than others.I want to try some of the old stuff next time on dyno since our motors with porting are so different from when we did testing way back.Might be worth it to try again.

That was definitely the fastest stock quad I have ever been on. AND it was stone stock (It had the stock airbox). It was so weird going so fast and quiet. The only thing that suffered was the top end pull. On the other end of the scale the stock motor from my '02 Speed was a real pig (even with an aftermarket slip-on can). I think the mapping may play a part as well, but mostly the cam timing and flow of the intake and exhaust threw the whole system from valve to exhaust tip / air filter.

PS: It was never dynoed, it was just a Timbo pre-dyno tune was all that was done to it. He does it by seat of the pants in the front yard before heading to the dyno. We left it at the shop because we didn't have room on the trailer when we went to the dyno. Now, I wish we had dynoed it.