SpeedRacer's Dyno Chart

Post your dyno charts here!
peterock

#11 Post by peterock »

What compression piston are you running?

Race fuel tends to have the added benefit of running cooler as well so it can help prolong your motor as well. Look at using the MRX1 over the U4 actually.

thedeatons

#12 Post by thedeatons »

Tha Dales run SO cool anyway though.... Cdsracer is only seeing 172F on the long dune hill climbs..... That is REALLY cool...

cdsracer

#13 Post by cdsracer »

(On a 432)

speedracer

#14 Post by speedracer »

Peterock,I dont know compression # since I bought the engine already built.It runs fine on pump gas,so it should not be a high #.Just being greedy.LOL

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

ok, these dyno numbers have been buggin me for a long while. What gives on the numbers getting bigger on setups that haven't changed in a year? Is it the cam timing? I would have thought this was at ~50hp maybe 52 max, but you got 56??!!

Or, is it the dyno? Maybe Little Sahara OK is just a stingy dyno. :/

speedracer

#16 Post by speedracer »

Its gotta be agressive cam timing?I dunno.

ozarkdaler

#17 Post by ozarkdaler »

Tim told me he thought the motor would produce mid 50 when he built it but that may have been with some fine tuning. Of course I never dynoed it. I think timing is doing something as well. I watched a truck run a dyno at the monster truck rally last week and he said that he had 12 less horses than he did at the dyno in his home town last month. I would say they have to be calibrated like everything else (idk).

thedeatons

#18 Post by thedeatons »

Cam timing is huge. We get 2hp more with Timbo's radical cam timing advice.... (as opposed to 106I/106E)

This dyno has done exactly the same numbers as Timbo turns, every time. We confirm his setup and peak dyno hp to what we get. They always match..... FYI

Happyboy

#19 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ May 8 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cam timing is huge. We get 2hp more with Timbo's radical cam timing advice.... (as opposed to 106I/106E)

This dyno has done exactly the same numbers as Timbo turns, every time. We confirm his setup and peak dyno hp to what we get. They always match..... FYI

Yeah, i traditionally play it on the safe side with timing.

thedeatons

#20 Post by thedeatons »

I think you may have mistaken cam timing for ignition timing. Ignition timing is basically advancing/retarding the spark, which will sometimes work in your favor, sometimes not, depending on gasoline's octane.

Cam timing (which is what we went radical with) is basically valve overlap. Cam timing (degreeing the cams) helps to dial in your powerband. Some timing (106/106 for example) is great for bottom end and midrange, but gives up peak hp. Other timing (like the 113/108 we used on this engine) is specifically for peak hp.

Dave told me he was going to drag it, and wanted to hand some people their butts with his Dale... So, we set the cam timing up pretty far from spec, to adjust his powerband to be very peaky.

James