ScramblerXLE's 505 on the Dyno

Post your dyno charts here!
ScramblerXLE

#1 Post by ScramblerXLE »

Hello all.

I've had these charts for a while I've just been so busy at work and home that I haven't had the chance to post them. We saw 57.4HP with no smoothing, but the packing was all blown out of the muffler. Tim and I think it should be good for 1-2 more with a re-packed exhaust system. Now when I get back home this weekend it's time to start moving all my Houser XC parts back over to it so I can have it as a back-up quad for GNCC's incase my KTM breaks. Thanks Timbo!!!

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

Nice numbers!

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

Nice chart..... I'm curious (no offense) but isn't 57hp a bit low for a 505? We are seeing an honest 55 & 57hp out of 460s and 467s.... Just wondering, no offense meant, just seems like quite a few CCs for the same amount of power....

James

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ May 14 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice chart..... I'm curious (no offense) but isn't 57hp a bit low for a 505? We are seeing an honest 55 & 57hp out of 460s and 467s.... Just wondering, no offense meant, just seems like quite a few CCs for the same amount of power....

James

Hence my questions on what you guys have been doing. I have seen the number for ~500cc hang around the 60hp mark for a while. But you guys are starting to approach that with smaller motors. Now, I have always said that dynos can really skew the numbers, maybe not intentionally though. And without baseline readings being done at the same time as the runs then really all they are good for is tuning.

ScramblerXLE

#5 Post by ScramblerXLE »

for what it's worth, I asked Timbo to build me a 100 hr motor (or as close as he can) with smooth power delivery that is strong. I told him then that I might use it for GNCC's if I break my KTM, so it's not tuned for all top end. In addition, he told me I had pretty much the worst cam set I could for power, but since the coating had barely worn on them and they had like 80+ hours on them I said, that's OK as long as they're durable.

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

What Pipe was on it? What about the intake what intake? I remember talking to Tim about this build/ dyno run.

ScramblerXLE

#7 Post by ScramblerXLE »

It was an HMF exaust and his opened up intake.

cdale55

#8 Post by cdale55 »

It might seem a little low but check out the torque they put out . That's the big plus to the big motors. My 505 is around 60 hp with 40 foot pounds of torque.

You got yourself a **** of a motor ! Put duals on that and a few minor things and easy 60 hp !

ScramblerXLE

#9 Post by ScramblerXLE »

again, this is not a drag quad. For the sort of competition I engage in, handling and smooth power are more important than all out HP numbers. I'm going to bolt up the old houser XC setup this weekend and get it dialed in... Hopefully I'll get it setup well enough to run it at locals, but it will be hard for it to beat my KTM. and it will never out-dead-engine-start it, so I would probably only run it at XC tracks with lots of passing... still she'll probably see action by the end of the season biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Another thing to remember is there is a huge difference between 55 to 60hp. Those last one or two hp are very very hard to get. Heck few years ago we thought we would never get 50hp. Now 50-55hp is like norm. After that though its not easy. I agree with cdale55 also. Is no comparison between a 450cc and a big stroker. Two different animals.