Group Ride Dyno Day

Post your dyno charts here!
kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

Wes,

The torque curve on the 432 looks awesome! Don't worry about the numbers the tune is what you will notice more when riding it. I have seen some 450 high HP dales that suck in the woods because the power is all up top.

Ken

NRath

#12 Post by NRath »

So, you have another motor for XC besides what was in the quad at Majestic?

Were the gains on the 432 just via the AFR? Or did you play with timing, too?

One of these days, I'll be getting mine on a dyno. I know I'm about to tear it down, and I'm torn about wasting the $$ on a before run, but I want to know what I've got to start with. Then I'll do some tuning, then I'll ride the he!! out of it and never tear it down until it tears itself down! Yeah, I can see it all just like that! I have no plans on building a monster, though. I'm a woods guy and just want a little more across the board. Really, imo, it's plenty fast for the woods as it is.

2000ex

#13 Post by 2000ex »

Ken, I could care less about numbers honestly...even on my MX bikes. My intention for dyno tuning was to make sure they were in the safe zone and learn how to tune the procal from Timbo.

It is all about reliability and suspension setup for XC racing. The tune was excellent and the midrange is where I picked up some good power. I would bet my bottom dollar that there are maybe only a handful if that of GNCC guys that are over 48hp..it is just unnecessary for woods racing.

Neil, That 432 chart was from my black XC bike I was on at Majestic.

Well, I have the trailer packed again and am off to a 2 XC day event in VT...double points race on Saturday then I guess they have grass drags on Sunday. Might need to put on some studs and break out the 495 for some azz whoopin on the local hillbillys smile.gif

speedracer

#14 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Sep 25 2009, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wes,

The torque curve on the 432 looks awesome! Don't worry about the numbers the tune is what you will notice more when riding it. I have seen some 450 high HP dales that suck in the woods because the power is all up top.

Ken

x2 on that,my 467 has no bottom,its not for the woods,it would tire you out.Its great for wide-open areas,pulls REAL hard.(56.5 h.p.).

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

My 432 with the hit on top worked real well for the last harescramble I ran since it had some real tight rooted 1st gear sections that I really didnt want any power on low end.Only stalled it once.I guess there really is no perfect motor for everything.Lucky we have clutches and throttle.