Big Dyno Day Monday

Post your dyno charts here!
peterock

#11 Post by peterock »

As for the air box. What about keeping something in between the two as far as open/ no box and the stock set-up. Some sort of box like the stock but doesn't wrap around the stearing stem with like an outerwear cover? Drain hole in the bottom?

cdale96

#12 Post by cdale96 »

Steve, how did the dyno runs go? I was planning on being there to put my motor in and dyno my bike but plans changed at last minute. we will have to plan for it another day..... So did you get to that 60 mark as you were hoping for? Jim

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

No. Explain it to Mike's Cycle who let there dyno guy take a layoff today since they planned on us ALL day. 3 guys had to pay for whole day. Still worth price though and we just took our time since a whole day was asked for.

Here is list off memory with charts posted soon:

MyDreamride YFZ= 51hp. Way to go Mike! I know alot of work went into that and you did it yourself. Porting and all.
MyDreamride Cannondale 450=56hp 1-2hp gain with Wistech's high rise cams and a HUGE pipe. Hope he takes pic of pipe. I forgot.
JoeP 450cc Cannondale=48hp, Very nice curve. No real gains there since he is having battery/charging trouble and it wouldn't crank over on dyno without jumping.
Cannondale27 432cc TimboTrail Quad=49hp Dipstream Airbox, Stock Toaster with a 2 year old motor. Gained 2-3hp tuning. Airbox mod did something will look at charts to confirm.
Cannondale27 480cc TimboRace Quad=57hp down about 2hp with 2 tanks of gas through motor! Didn't have any gas to test and at that point it was late and too big a hill to climb to 60hp so I didn't get to test Class900's pipe. Sorry bud.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (peterock @ Oct 4 2010, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for the air box. What about keeping something in between the two as far as open/ no box and the stock set-up. Some sort of box like the stock but doesn't wrap around the stearing stem with like an outerwear cover? Drain hole in the bottom?

Yes. That was my plan also. Use a flat filter since big gains are always from air going straight down the hole which is why open filter works so well. Was thinking of a lid for it similar to the UTV's where water will be diverted but a outerware lid might be enough Pete. Is on occasion alot of water that get thrown right in lap and that filter area but maybe a angle would make it run off. Good idea!

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is a pic of the secret airbox mod.Idea is to direct air downward to the hole instead of hitting back of box.
[attachment=10702:DipStrea..._Medium_.jpg]
[attachment=10703:DipStrea..._Medium_.jpg]

peterock

#16 Post by peterock »

Looks like a good start. should work.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is Airbox/Dipstream -vs- StockAirbox its obvious the dipstream made dip worse and moved it further up rpms but it did make more power. Not worth it?
[attachment=10704:Dipstream.jpg]

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

I got to give credit where credit is due. Wistech motr has no dip but is lower on power. Not apples for apples since its stroker but that is a beautiful curve he got. So not sure if airbox is issue anymore. Maybe can't have both?
[attachment=10705:Open_fil..._Comparo.jpg]

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Been staring at those charts and more I look at it that dipstream made close to 2hp everywhere except peak. I guess I will be putting it back in. Didn't do what we wanted but I will take 2hp!

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

laugh.gif Yup the winged wonder. Anyone want one? Shoot me a offer.
[attachment=10706:DipStrea..._Medium_.jpg]