Big Dyno Day Monday

Post your dyno charts here!
cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

This monday 9:00am till we are done. More there is the less it cost. Will be at Mike's Cycle in Menasha,WI all day on the dyno. We will have 3 Cannondales there that all should be VERY close to 60hp. I have both dealerCal and ProCal so no worries. This dyno is right on with all Timbo has been on and has been trouble free for last few years. Well worth it and is amazing to watch the big motors pull. You may also get to see some prototype power adders including different pipes, fuels and intake mods. See if you all can guess this one because my guess is we will all be talking about it after dyno day:

[attachment=10695:DipStrea..._Medium_.jpg]

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

Looks like the bottom of an air box, is the air horn cut out of it? And umm 60hp has been done already tongue.gif is Tim going to be there?

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

No Timbo. But idea is his and mine for those of us that have found no substitute for the reliability of airbox in hellish conditions. Here is a pic of my airfilter after two days of Harescrambles in both dusty and wet conditions. I just can't run without it and that same used filter is what is staying on there for dyno of trail quad. No quad has ever had a better filter. Problem is it kills power. This is what we are trying to correct.

Never hit 60hp without power adders on any local motors. Is a claim out there that the dyno has a Cannondale curse laugh.gif Your pipe you sent me will go on my race quad. Class-vs-Aaen pipes. If that don't get the .5hp I need for 60hp U4.4 is going in there and I will run that for racing since I hardly use the big quad anymore.

Quad looked like this and filter looked like this. Enough said:
[attachment=10701:Kewaunee..._Medium_.jpg]
[attachment=10700:DipStream__Medium_.jpg]

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

Yeah it hard to beat the stock filter set up for clearness. Well keep us posted on the dyno runs. There might be a very slight chance I can get that guy to build us duels, maybe do a small run of them or something??

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

What was his name again?

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Oct 4 2010, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it hard to beat the stock filter set up for clearness. Well keep us posted on the dyno runs. There might be a very slight chance I can get that guy to build us duels, maybe do a small run of them or something??

Patrick,

I would be interested in a set, if that happens for the drag bike.

Ken

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

Has anyone tried a Y design tubing setup? I would think that you could modify the rear of the plastic piece (PORT) the filter clips on to to accept a different boot design.

What about a rubber Y pipe or 2 into one that connects directly to the throttle body? I have no idea if it would boost power without the airbox volume, no clue. Perhaps the HP heads would know if that would help or hurt. It would also get rid of the massive clunky and hard to work with airbox.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Never been tried yet Wes but it will soon. We had a little brain storming session 2 days ago and came up with this new idea. It will do something for sure now just need to find out what it does. Main goal is to get rid of the famous "Cannondale dip" that is especially prominent with stock airbox. We have found that in the rpm range of the dip it is consistently a 5+ hp loss vs open airfilter. So well worth time getting it out.

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Oct 4 2010, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Patrick,

I would be interested in a set, if that happens for the drag bike.

Ken

I was sure you'd be on the list wink.gif

claas900

#10 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 4 2010, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What was his name again?

I think its Bob Murry. This might be another place to make them? www.lteracing.com