Dyno runs tonight on my 2.2mm stroker 95mm piston

Post your dyno charts here!
m_mcgranahan

#1 Post by m_mcgranahan »

HI,

SO I went to a dyno at Cycle Works in Elk River MN tonight to dyno my quad. Will was very helpful and he has one of the new style dynojet machines that self-calibrate every time you turn them on. Dynojet even told him that his according to their records his machine is spot on.

Timbo 2.2mm stroker, 95mm piston, Cyclone w/ foam filter, o-ring chain, Maxis Razor MX tires, Ported head. (I have never degree'd in this set of cams, so I have no idea where they are. )

Here's what I got.

m_mcgranahan

#2 Post by m_mcgranahan »

One note, One of my rear tires is noticably out of balance/round or something cause it got to shaking at high speed. Im sure that didn't help my numbers at all.

Also this was with an FMF TI system with a shortened can (~12in long now)

God bless...
Mark

speedfreek

#3 Post by speedfreek »

For all the dyno charts I've been seeing on this site you seem very low, especially with the mods you have. You should easily be hitting low 50's with that setup. You definitaly need to get into that cam timing. Good luck

m_mcgranahan

#4 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (speedfreek @ Dec 29 2011, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For all the dyno charts I've been seeing on this site you seem very low, especially with the mods you have. You should easily be hitting low 50's with that setup. You definitaly need to get into that cam timing. Good luck

hI,
Yeah I was thinking the same thing! Although, I had heard that knobed tires on the dyno can cost as much as 5hp, so I might be closer if I had some slicks for that run.

God bless...
Mark

Oh yeah, it was run with 93 Octane pump gas.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Timing is critical and yes knobbies will hurt you on dyno.You are close.Did you download the runs?If so send them over I would like to see them with smoothing on 1 to see AFR better.He he tuned some but could be better.

m_mcgranahan

#6 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 29 2011, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Timing is critical and yes knobbies will hurt you on dyno.You are close.Did you download the runs?If so send them over I would like to see them with smoothing on 1 to see AFR better.He he tuned some but could be better.

Hi Steve,

I'd be glad to send them your way. Shoot me a pm with your email and I'll send you what I have. Yeah those Razor MX tires have the knobs all lines up in neat rows with a good 1" gap between rows. Deff. not ideal for dyno runs.

GOd bless...
Mark

m_mcgranahan

#7 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hey Steve,

If you've got time, I'd be great to see you at the Amsoil Sandbox from 4-8pm today :-)

m_mcgranahan

#8 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi Steve,

I was using the timbo terminator map. Those runs were actually early in the night, so we got it closer by the end. I didn't think there was too much messing around needed in the timing on the terminator map? I figured Timbo had it really close already. If not how do I know which way to go on the timing next time I dyno? I've never played with timing on the dyno, so how do you go about adjusting it w/o grenading a motor?

Thanks

God bless...
Mark