My 505 then and now

Post your dyno charts here!
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Its been a long time in coming but here it is. This is a comparison of my 505 from 2007(red line) verses 2015(black line) . Note back then my dual exhaust was using open fmf ti4 muffler making an ear shattering noise as opposed to the gsx mufflers(80 decibel rating)I am using now. The engine still has all original 505 parts but the cam timing has been backed down near stock specs for the gsx mufflers. Compression and leakdown were still good. On our summer ride Tims spent some time getting the tuning as good as possible for this setup. It needed a lot more fuel on the low end from the timing changes. It was so lean it sputtered up to half throttle. Its pretty cool to have the same power and be legal to ride anywhere. Im sure most of you wont understand the significance of this but those that do enjoy.
A little history on the engine . It started out as a test engine for the dual exhausts then it spent 500 miles as my motard engine which was a tad to much ohmy.gif Then it got swapped around and did a stint at flat track racing but mostly has been a trail bruiser. I had to pull it apart as it was slowly getting coolant into the tranny . Turned out the case had a small broken out spot where some genius was using a screwdriver to pry out the sleeve . The alien ear seal slowly migrated and deformed into the crack after several years and started leaking. I swapped out the case for a hydro one and while I was in there decided to set the cams back to stock for the quiet mufflers. It turned out that was just what they needed as it runs better than ever now.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_YlEzgz1LA You know it quiet when Thor has no reaction.