They Are Only Getting Faster With Age!

Post your dyno charts here!
kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

I was reading an old ATV Sport magazine from June 2001, where a statement was quoted from the Cannondale factory in reference to the horsepower at the rear wheels. Now mind you this was an early model FX400 (one of the first) using the S500 computer. It was quoted "Cannondale claims the 432cc thumper builds 33 horsepower at the rear wheels of the 360 pound FX400". Wow! My last stock build made 44HP and change on Timbo's Dyno-Jet dyno at the Group Ride. He claims it was the fastest stock Cannondale quad he had seen. TJ's was close (but he had a pipe on it). I routinely see in the 43HP range when I build them. Curious what others are seeing.

cannonman

#2 Post by cannonman »

The title for my Blaze says 40 horse.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

One of my titles has an even higher rating. The Blaze & Moto should have more HP due to the Ti pipe and muffler and more aggressive map. The one we dynoed had a stock early model pipe and muffler (ala FX400!).

POWER MAD MAN

#4 Post by POWER MAD MAN »

I know cannondales dyno wasn't a dynojet and that's probably the reason for the lower numbers.

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

Out of all the quads I have owned over the years, my lone Cannondale is still my favorite to ride, like hanging with an old friend.