x440 back together

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
hillclimber

#1 Post by hillclimber »

Finally got it back together and it was running fine. Went to start it tuesday and it wouldnt start took plug out and it was dry. So i put it back together and tried to start it agian still nothing. So I give it some throttle, nothing ,held it wide open still nothing. Now if i even touch the throttle on the speed its flooded . So I sprayed some carb and choke cleaner down the throttle body and tried agian and it fired right up. Shut it off and tried to restart it and it started right up. So now i am trying to figure out what is wrong with it. Is it the stepper motor or the injectors. Can I elimanate the stepper motor?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Sounds more like it wasnt getting fuel.Stepper just adds air.Maybe check your quickconnects and make sure fuel pump is running.

hillclimber

#3 Post by hillclimber »

fuel pump is running and there are no more disconnects on it anymore.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Have you done a throttle cal and set preliminary idle?

hillclimber

#5 Post by hillclimber »

yes Ive done that. I put the battery tender on it yesterday to make sure it was fully charge. It was on there for about an hour before it said it was done. Pulled it outside and it fired right up without doing anything but pushing start button. I guess it must have been low enuff that the injectors wouldnt put out fuel but would turn over. Has anyone ever figured out if its possible to but a bigger battery in the bikes. Thanks

Easy E

#6 Post by Easy E »

The strongest battery that will fit is the Yuasa YTZ7S or equivalent. If you are still running the stock "5" series battery, the "7" will almost double your CCA's.

hillclimber

#7 Post by hillclimber »

QUOTE (Easy E @ Jul 22 2007, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The strongest battery that will fit is the Yuasa YTZ7S or equivalent. If you are still running the stock "5" series battery, the "7" will almost double your CCA's.

I have the ytz7s brand new. Can any one tell me the secret to fixing it so it dont draw power when the stock switch is in the off position. Is their a cut off switch i could install or what do i need to do to get it to quit draining the battery.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

It is supposed to be on for 2 min then it goes in hibernation mode.Battery has very small draw at that point.You could install a switch to eliminate all or just keep it on a battery tender.

hillclimber

#9 Post by hillclimber »

Id like to install a switch im kinda tired of the battery tender. What kinda switch is every one useing.

fig

#10 Post by fig »

My son has two bikes and I have one, we don't seem to have the same battery problems that you do. We can let them sit for a couple of months and they still fire right up.

You may want to have your battery tested, for some reason some of the batteries don't last. Never put them on a "car" battery charger.