x440 back together

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

You know maybe the push button switch from Canniboomer or the slider like on later models is reason my battery doesnt drain either.I always leave the switch off.Brian does your bike have the switch that you have to push in and hold to kill the bike?

hillclimber

#12 Post by hillclimber »

No it has a rocker switch for the on and off and a green button to start it. I was thinking about a cut off switch like they use on a race car where i could cut the power right off the battery, so theres no draw down on the battery. Now what im wondering does the bike electrical system work like the atvs do. I understand that they work back words so do i need to put the cut off the positive or negative side of the battery.

hillclimber

#13 Post by hillclimber »

Any suggestion would like to get this fixed asap if possible!!!

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

I am not 100% positive but you could just pull the fuse.The Cannondale electrical system is wierd.It is actually two circuits running everything one using the switches and one using the ECU and the power relay.There are diodes in the harness to keep it all seperate.One of those battery cable switches would guarantee no power drain.

fig

#15 Post by fig »

Pull the right side cover off or remove the front bolt and loosen the rear bolt and swing it out of the way, remove the frame ground while not riding. This would take less than two minutes to do.

If you put in a disconnect switch put it on the ground side, for no other reason than it's easy to get to.

polyesterpig

#16 Post by polyesterpig »

Change or temp. remove the fuel filter. If it sat, it is probably no good.