western maryland x440

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
cannondale27

#31 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats not good.Now you need to eliminate the possibility the return line disconnect is causing this.Gut it and check again.

hillclimber

#32 Post by hillclimber »

How do i gut it never have done this. Maybe i'll do a search for it. Would this have anything to do with my overheating problem. Also i wanted to make sure i done it in the right location, I have it hooked in beteen the fuel pump outlet and the regulator. I looked on cannondaler.com and the efi service manual and it says that it should be in the return line its self, so i just want to make sure i done it right. Thanks!!

hillclimber

#33 Post by hillclimber »

new update finally got a good new battery to start it. Ive gutted the the stock outlet fitting and replaced the return side with a peice of brass. I started it up and the gauge reads 46-48 still flickering between them but it stayed there at that even after it warmed up. I made sure that the gauge wasnt catching vibration from the bike causeing it to flicker. Im geussing it has a bad regulator but any suggestions would help. Also i pinched the return line and the gauge peged. thanks!!

Canniboomer

#34 Post by Canniboomer »

psi at 46 to 48 is not so unusual. If it's running OK, don't worry about it. If needed, you can dissect the regulator, and clean the screen a bit, and re-grease the O-ring. There is a circlip underneath.

hillclimber

#35 Post by hillclimber »

Its running extremly rich and the headers still getting red hot. Im trying to get it to quit running so hot. Checked the screen and its clean no blockage there so now what. Also i noticed that now when I turn the switch on and it pressures the fuel system it only has pressure when the fuel pump is on and then it loses pressure i dont know if this is my problem or not. Im geussing that a injector is stuck open. Help please !!!

hillclimber

#36 Post by hillclimber »

any suggestions would be helpful would like to figure this out . I love the bike but cant ride it when it gets this hot.

Canniboomer

#37 Post by Canniboomer »

The fuel pump has an internal check-valve, and the system should hold pressure for a while after a power down. It's normal for the pressure to dissipate slowly or ovenight, but not right away. Failed injectors can stick open, for sure. So it can't hurt to replace them. Fresh injectors usually give a performance boost anyway... in stock.

hillclimber

#38 Post by hillclimber »

Took the injectors out today and turned the switch on to power up. Watched the fuel pressure go up to 50 and nothing come out the injectors and the gauge drop back to zero faster than it went up. I hit the start button and nothing come out of one and barly any out the other, so i took them off the connector and there was dirt in the metal peice of the one that nothing come out of. Is this a sign i need injectors and also why am i losing fuel pressure is it the check ball in the pump or becuase i gutted the disconnects?? mad.gif

cannondale27

#39 Post by cannondale27 »

I am not sure why you would lose pressure that fast but a good flushing of whole fuel system is going to be needed.Also if you look in the intake end of injector there is actually a little screen in there.Clean that out and also regulator has a screen.To test fuel pump with guage hooked up you will need to pinch off one of the return hoses.Do it quick it will peg the guage over 100psi.Make sure you do it quick or guage could be ruined.Disconnects wouldnt cause this.You gutted both male and female ends though right?

sillysspeed

#40 Post by sillysspeed »

Hey bud, did you ever get this fixed?