MX-Tech!

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
haydug

MX-Tech!

#1 Post by haydug »

All you bike riders out there, you need to check out these guys. They are awesome!

If some of you don't know, I started off riding the Cannondale dirtbikes in 2002. I started on a X440s, then as soon as the "C" became available I moved to it, switching to a 19" rear wheel, and shortening the silencer, basically converting it to an "X".

My complaints with the bike focused mainly on suspension. I spent weeks playing with valving, and oil height. At first the bike was way to soft. Factory they have a "generic" valveing, kinda setup for the "masses". My biggest problem was making the bike soft in it's initial travel, while not bottoming hard on big jumps. If I got it close on one end, it would kill me on the other. I also had to factor in the lower frame rail height. It would drag on my on the faces of jumps. To soften it up enough to not "kick" on braking bumps and small accerlation bumps, it would seem to "whallow" over anything else, and drag my pegs in turns, frame on jumps. So, with valving stiff enough to cure the frame dragging problems, it would beat me to death on smaller stuff.

I am no longer riding the Cannondale dirt bike. Although I do hope to get one in the near future to play on. I have spoken to John about this, and he knows exactly what I should have done to cure it. I wish I would have had him set it up in 2002.

Re-valveing is not just for racers, sometimes going through the woods, and your bike won't stick to the ground, that could very well be suspension causing that issue. I can think of alot more, but will end it here. Call John and find out for yourself if a re-valve is right for you.