western maryland x440

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
hillclimber

#1 Post by hillclimber »

I have a 2003 x440 with 40 hours on it . just cleaned air filter and put new fuel filter on. The idle adjustment screw is all the way in to get it to idle at 2100-2200 rpms. I have calabrated the throttle and chech air box connecter for leaks. I had it out for about 20 mins tonight and shut it of and noticed the header was cherry red . what do i need to do to correct this. Any help would be great got a ride planned for the weekend thanks ! also this throttle postion is at 7.3 to idle

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Check to make sure both your injectors are giving gas.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 7 2006, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a 2003 x440 with 40 hours on it . just cleaned air filter and put new fuel filter on. The idle adjustment screw is all the way in to get it to idle at 2100-2200 rpms. I have calabrated the throttle and chech air box connecter for leaks. I had it out for about 20 mins tonight and shut it of and noticed the header was cherry red . what do i need to do to correct this. Any help would be great got a ride planned for the weekend thanks ! also this throttle postion is at 7.3 to idle

Can you say way too lean? C27 is right, check to make sure both injectors are connected electrically. Also just check the D&M and it will give you an error code if one is not working.

hillclimber

#4 Post by hillclimber »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jun 7 2006, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you say way too lean? C27 is right, check to make sure both injectors are connected electrically. Also just check the D&M and it will give you an error code if one is not working.

I just checked codes and theres nothing but the mil lamp. I was also wondering if a bad water pump impeller would cause this it still has the plastic one in it. I also richened it up and that didnt help plug is black.

RoooStEr Pops

#5 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

redo the hex code mine was doing the same with the the idle set at 6.5

Crash Ash

#6 Post by Crash Ash »

When you did the throttle calc. did you back out the Idle screw all the way so that it wasn't touching the stop? If not, redo the throttle calc.. Also did you reload a new map? I loaded a new map once and the same thing happened. Reloaded the map again and it worked fine.

hillclimber

#7 Post by hillclimber »

Im still haveing trouble with this. Its still getting pretty hot and the idle screw is still all the way in. Ive check the injectors, the stepper motor, water pump impeller, changed antifreeze,richened it up, reloaded the map twice and still cant figure it out the only thing I havnt done is updated the hex code. I was also wondering about the battery becuase I also have a speed and the battery on it give me a fit for about six months cause it was giving a good voltage reading. and so is this one but its been dead a couple of times but i put it on the battery tender. I need to figure this out so the crank will last cant afford one right now.

azcannon

#8 Post by azcannon »

throttle cal?

bad injector?

MyCannibal

#9 Post by MyCannibal »

how about reloadin that hex code as suggested above...

hillclimber

#10 Post by hillclimber »

I dont have access to a computer with a nine pin plug in right now and my new laptop dont have one and scooter told me it cant be done through an adapter. How would I know if there was a bad injector. The throttle has been calibrated several times and it cant be that becuase its not the first time ive done it.