Bike fuel tanks?

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Im lookin at the 2003brochure and it says the s440 and the x440 have 2 gallon tanks. All the other models which I have no idea what the differences are between them have a 2.6 gallon tank. Looking at the pics it looks like the s440 tank has more sticking out past the plastic in the front but maybe its the camara angle. Can the tanks be swapped between models or do they have funky air box setups in 03 as well.

Here is also my favorite quote from the brochure.
"The super motard model is designed for closed course competition use only. The super motard model may not be used on public roads.The super motard model may not be registered for use on public roads.Riding the super motard on public roads is dangerous and illegal. "

They should have added "oh what the heck you guys are nuts and will do what you want anyways"

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

By the way did anyone ever do a writup on the bike differences. I must say Cannondale may have built an awsome machine but their brochures are pretty much useless. I can see a mx model ,enduro and motard but what the heck are the other 3 for?

2mike18

#3 Post by 2mike18 »

For as much as you ride the tard and run out of gas you should fabricate yourself a 5 gallon gas can backpack. I can only imagine how easy it would be to forget about fueling up when your having that much fun. usually that much fun is not legal lol....

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Tony came up with a good idea. Fill it up before every ride. That's too much like work. I have yet to even wash it and it is starting to look really nasty.

r.porter

#5 Post by r.porter »

The tanks are interchangeable between the 2003 models. The higher capacity tanks have a drop down bit that fits in between the battery and shock area.

hobie1dog

#6 Post by hobie1dog »

anyone got pictures of the two types of gas tanks for the 2003?

Also, anyone come up with a way to incorporate a fuel sending unit in one?

Dachshund

#7 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Aug 5 2008, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way did anyone ever do a writup on the bike differences. I must say Cannondale may have built an awsome machine but their brochures are pretty much useless. I can see a mx model ,enduro and motard but what the heck are the other 3 for?

I'm sure you have seen this but many have not.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030201081441/...torsports/moto/