front fork ???

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
cdale96

#1 Post by cdale96 »

I am looking to add a hole-shot device (http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/pitposse_2088_52739589) to a 02 x440, They don't list the Cannondale models for fitment, can anyone help me find out which one and who to order from so it would work on a Cannondale? Thanks

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

What is that?

MX Quad Dad

#3 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Isn't that like a up-lock for the forks? Not into the bikes anymore, but thought I read something about them once. Does it hold the forks extended at the gate? How would you release it and is there a chance it can re-lock during the race?

Kuma

#4 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (cdale96 @ Jan 24 2010, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am looking to add a hole-shot device (http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/pitposse_2088_52739589) to a 02 x440, They don't list the Cannondale models for fitment, can anyone help me find out which one and who to order from so it would work on a Cannondale? Thanks

I don't have a cannondale bike but from my understanding they are the same as honda?
I know ProCurcuit makes themm give them a call I'll bet they can come up with ine that will fit.

cdale96

#5 Post by cdale96 »

The collar clamps onto the upper tube of the front fork, the push button is mounted in the fork guard plastic, you compress the forks and push in the button to catch on the collar, this hold the forks compressed, as you leave the starting gate it holds the forks compressed, helping you keep the front wheel on the ground, the button is spring loaded so when the forks are compressed for the first time it releases (almost always in the first corner,if not for sure on the first jump). These are very popular at our local AMA Dist 16 and 23 races. I've talked to many that use them and not any problems of re catching during a ride. Thanks, Jim

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

That makes sence now. I must have just saw an add and it didn't explane how it was to be used or I just asumed it was to add more traction to the rear (like drag racers use the up-lock and down-lock shocks). I thought it was just a gimic because most guys have to work at keeping the front on the ground

polyesterpig

#7 Post by polyesterpig »

I know the fork guards are the exact same as the Honda (actually interchangable). you will have to measure the diameter of the Hondas fork tube and compare it to the Cannondales for the other half of the setup. Should be simple to measure.

John

cdale55

#8 Post by cdale55 »

That bike is going to have so much power you will not need that ! Need wheelie bars instead !!!! LOL

cdale55

#9 Post by cdale55 »

Also like to add that cdale96 is new to the cannondale family as we are converting him from all those brand X jap bikes! LOL Jim used to race superbikes and now is going to give ice racing a cannondale bike that we have built a try ! Welcome aboard !!!

cdale96

#10 Post by cdale96 »

Thanks cdale55, The generosity of the Cannondaler family that I have met and talked to so far has been top notch! The wealth of information and parts I have gotten so far is priceless!!!!! I think this is going to be the intro/learning year, next winter will be full time racing. Alot of working/learning to do on it this year.