did the X440S originally have a voltage regulator?

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
big.elk.hunter

#1 Post by big.elk.hunter »

Title says it all. did they have one and where did it mount. thanks.

chris

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

It mounts under the rear of the seat,... but if you are missing too much stuff, then it might be good to upgrade to a later harness and 3-phase stator...larger VReg and alt location etc....for any lighting. I have some pics back home of the conversion, and can check next week.

big.elk.hunter

#3 Post by big.elk.hunter »

Thanks Dave, I do have the three wire stator system, and regulator. It had been mounted on the right side of the sub-frame using one of the bolts that mounts the number plate(?). I was just currious if that was the best place to mount it? as I just replaced the batt box and would have to cut the side of it to mount it there again.

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

You won't have to cut or hack...you can fish the wiring for the larger Vreg near the upper right seam between batt tray and fender and mount it in the upper right wheel well...external compared to stock, and a cooler location....as long as it clears the tire travel and numplate. OK...one or 2 bolts. No bracket was required, and just maybe a small slot to route the wire.

funmachines

#5 Post by funmachines »

I got the 3 phase stator and regulator from Dave and put them on an 02 E440. It was easy to do and now I have plenty of juice for dual sport lights. Let me know if you need a picture.

big.elk.hunter

#6 Post by big.elk.hunter »

Dave, I am in the process of putting the airbox and throttle body on my bike so that i can get it on the dyno one of these days. they sure did not make that an easy task did they?!?! I am going to need a new airbox though if you have one? how much? mine has some cracks in it. thanks.