x440 vs e440 suspension

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
jacobw

#1 Post by jacobw »

does anyone have the specifics as far as valving and spring numbers for the rear shock and front ohlins forks??

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

anyone have the answers i seek??

4motoman

#3 Post by 4motoman »

The front forks are .47 spring rate, the shock spring rate is on the spring. I have 3 bikes and they all have different spring rates on them, so i dont think there is a common spring rate on the shock .Pro-Action did a lot of work for cannondale. Call them and ask for George he can tell about the different valving.

jacobw

#4 Post by jacobw »

so what i am gathering is the front fork springs are the same and the rear shock is what changed the spring rate and valving and the fork valving was different on the e440 vs x440 using the same springs

4motoman

#5 Post by 4motoman »

The valving will be different on both ends between the x & the e they just were inconsistant on rear spring rates

oldnbroken

#6 Post by oldnbroken »

QUOTE (jacobw @ Nov 20 2011, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
does anyone have the specifics as far as valving and spring numbers for the rear shock and front ohlins forks??

I have this on my computer at work. A while back I did quite a bit of testing with valving and have played with different springs on my 03 440x. Shoot me a pm with an email and I'll send you some files. During my testing I kept an Excel spread sheet on the changes. I have re-done some of the the Pro-Action set up bikes. They were fairly close to where I ended up.