exhaust options

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
exotic rider

#1 Post by exotic rider »

just wanted to mention for those looking for options for exahust fmf makes a universal system that comes with different sections of mid pipe.check fmfracing.com

bigfoot17

#2 Post by bigfoot17 »

I could not find the universal,but what I did see was pricey. I like the idea from an earlier post about a head pipe adapter that would fit a common (CRF450) exhaust. That way we would have options as far as their oem take offs or aftermarket. I only mention the 450 CRF because it seems that their exhaust goes through a number of years and would be readily available new or used.
I'm all about the money.(sometimes my downfall) wacko.gif

exotic rider

#3 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Mar 4 2012, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could not find the universal,but what I did see was pricey. I like the idea from an earlier post about a head pipe adapter that would fit a common (CRF450) exhaust. That way we would have options as far as their oem take offs or aftermarket. I only mention the 450 CRF because it seems that their exhaust goes through a number of years and would be readily available new or used.
I'm all about the money.(sometimes my downfall) wacko.gif

yeah thats weird i just went on there and could not find it either. i seen it not too long ago on there site it came with a cople of seperate mid pipe sections and a universal clamp. sorry.

bigfoot17

#4 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (exotic rider @ Mar 9 2012, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah thats weird i just went on there and could not find it either. i seen it not too long ago on there site it came with a cople of seperate mid pipe sections and a universal clamp. sorry.

I just bought an E440 spark arrestor /packed silencer from another member and mounted it. It is only a little quieter that the original can. But I can ride the woods with the spark arrestor.

funmachines

#5 Post by funmachines »

If you can do a little TIG (or have friend that can) you can adapt an FMF Q or something else that is a slip on type. Dave used to have some Euro exhausts that have a pipe you can adapt to an aftermarket muffler - I don't know if he still has them. Anyway I have an FMF Q4 on my e440 and it has much lower noise levels than the stock muffler - now it's much easier to hear the straight cut gear racket...