First ride impression

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
bigfoot17

#1 Post by bigfoot17 »

The other day I was talking to my wife about where I was going to take the Dale for my first ride. When it hit me, I haven't ridden a bike in 8 or 9 years. My last bike was a 2001 Kawasaki KDX 220. Since then I have been riding my quad and lately that has been for plowing only.

To the point. I just changed the tranny oil and decided to hop on and ride around the yard for my first time on the bike. I have an acre,so I do have some room.WOW! My arms are pumped and my hands can still feel the grip I had on the bars. INSTANT throttle response. I have never ridden a bike that responded like this. Even a well jetted 2 stroke.

I was even able to lug it for a bit to check low end power.Not being a pro makes it easier for me to not expect a pro level ride. So I think this bike will do.At 57 and overweight,I don't need much more.

After I get over my initial fears and set the suspension,this should be a fun ride. biggrin.gif

speedfreek

#2 Post by speedfreek »

I felt that way when I first rode my Speed. It's nice to hear about another old guy getting back to riding again. You got 2 years on me, but almost every group I ride with I'm the oldest rider there. Welcome to the C-dale family. laugh.gif

bigfoot17

#3 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (speedfreek @ Mar 10 2012, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I felt that way when I first rode my Speed. It's nice to hear about another old guy getting back to riding again. You got 2 years on me, but almost every group I ride with I'm the oldest rider there. Welcome to the C-dale family. laugh.gif

Thanks, speedfreek
I have always been the oldest rider. Back about 20 years ago I used to ride with a group of guys that ranged from 20 - 37. We rode quite a bit in Mi.
A couple of them actually rode in the ISDE,in OK. I could stay about mid pack. The years and the "swiss rolls" have not been kind.
I will be happy wilth a leasure trail ride in the woods. Who knows maybe I can pass some 8 year old. As long as he is walking.

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (speedfreek @ Mar 10 2012, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you run MX back in the 70s? Tracks like flying horseman or green acres . there was one where gerbralter trade center is and a few I can't remember at the moment

speedfreek

#5 Post by speedfreek »

Had a friend who raced MX back in the mid 70's. I'd tag along as I couldn't afford to race. I remember flying horseman and green acres. Only tracks left now are Buchanen and Baha Acres. There are some smaller tracks but those are the main ones.

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Fly'n horseman was my favorite track. every now and then I meet someone who had run there and one thing that always comes to mind is how hard a bunch of the racers begged for a jump or two and when we finaly got them or should I say IT, it probably wasn't more than two feet high, LOL.

My son took to racing quads back in 99. and other than fair races the closest tracks that ran quads was in Portland, almost three hour drive. I know there are a couple tracks closer now that run quads now but that didn't happen until AMA forced them and he had dropped racing before that happened

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

Hey we should take a ride together . My x440 scares the heck out of me. I took right to the supermoto but its a whole different ball game on dirt with a mchine that just slippin and sliding around looking for traction. blink.gif

bigfoot17

#8 Post by bigfoot17 »

I did compete in MX back in the 70"s. Only track that I rode was Byron,IL. Beleive it or not . My favorite competition was trials. Even at 6"7" and size 17 shoe, I just liked the art of trials. Not real good at it,but like it very much.

Wistech; Where are you located? A ride some time might be a good idea.