Dual Sport X440s

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
jeremyjo

#1 Post by jeremyjo »

I picked up this bike for a song about a month ago and have been messing with it since. It has been on one off-road outing that was a blast except for boiling the fuel in the lines in the bottom of a canyon.

So far I've got some canniboomer update and replacement parts along with a few DS parts I picked up here and there. I'm wishing I'd gone ahead and got his air filter conversion instead of just replacing the stock ones so that the headlight would mount a little easier. I made the kickstand and the extension bracket to get the headlight to clear the front air filter. I changed the gearing to 15/45 so that I can run it down the road without getting run over. It doesn't seem to hurt its off road ability too much, since I don't really have what you'd call 'tight woods' around here, it's a lot closer to desert riding most times. There's enough adjustment in the chain to swap back to a 13/45 setup without too much headache.

Still to be installed are a 3-wire stator and matching R/R, as soon as I come up with a good way to mount it. I'm also planning on heading to the title office on Monday to get a license plate and have the title changed from 'off road only' to a road-legal one.

Just wanted to show it off to some fellow Cannondalers for critique.

-Jeremy