S440 Supermotard 3-Piece Exhaust!

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
promod

#1 Post by promod »

When i was a C'Dale dealer wasnt lucky enough to ever get a supermotard sad.gif , But i did end up with a couple of new mid-pipes (part number unknown!) for them somehow and still have them!

And sadly have never seen a supermotard except the one at the factory back in the last of there days and did get to ride it around there track....and WOW what fun! but never seen another one in person since!, but i did not pay real close attention to all its details....mainly the Exhaust, but i do remember it was very, very loud!, And of course the '03 bike parts catalog does not show these 3 parts of the supermotard exhaust or part numbers or even a drawing of it, (and in reality the '02-'03 bike parts catalog dont really show the correct drawings of the X440, E440, C440 exhaust either!)

But my question, did all the '03 motard's have a 3-pc. exhaust & was any of them equipt with a spark arrestor? and would anyone lucky enough to own one of these bikes have a picture of all three pieces of the exhaust (or even good pics of it on there bike like maybe with rear number plate removed!) to show all parts in detail or even the part numbers for the three pieces?

Seems like this would solve the cracking problems on the 2-pc. '02-'03 E/C/X models by allowing a little more flex!

Any help appreciated on this topic! Thanx & Ciao! biggrin.gif

CannonMoto

#2 Post by CannonMoto »

Haha, I would be lucky enough to own one! lol

My X440 is two piece like you say, with the collector welded to the silencer, and my S440 has another joint between the collector and the silencer. There is no spark arrestor on either of them, and the silencers are pretty much the same.

I always though the S440 had a later exhaust compared to the X440, in which case I would have thought ATK carried on with the three piece system on all there bikes.

Simple job for any fabricator to convert a two piece system to a there piece using the mid-pipes you have.

Sorry I don't any part numbers, but if you would still like a few pictures of the exhaust system I can take some in the week.

promod

#3 Post by promod »

QUOTE (CannonMoto @ Nov 18 2012, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, I would be lucky enough to own one! lol

My X440 is two piece like you say, with the collector welded to the silencer, and my S440 has another joint between the collector and the silencer. There is no spark arrestor on either of them, and the silencers are pretty much the same.

I always though the S440 had a later exhaust compared to the X440, in which case I would have thought ATK carried on with the three piece system on all there bikes.

Simple job for any fabricator to convert a two piece system to a there piece using the mid-pipes you have.

Sorry I don't any part numbers, but if you would still like a few pictures of the exhaust system I can take some in the week.

Thanx CannonMoto biggrin.gif , That would be great if you could get me some good detailed pictures of the 3-piece exhaust with the LH rear number plate removed to show all of it! Ciao!, MW

CannonMoto

#4 Post by CannonMoto »

Here are three pictures of the exhaust on the S440.

[attachment=12338:IMG_1567.JPG]
[attachment=12339:IMG_1568.JPG]
[attachment=12340:IMG_1569.JPG]

CannonMoto

#5 Post by CannonMoto »

Another three off the bike next to the X440 silencer.

[attachment=12341:IMG_1570.JPG]
[attachment=12342:IMG_1571.JPG]
[attachment=12343:IMG_1572.JPG]

Hope these help?

promod

#6 Post by promod »

Thanx CannonMoto biggrin.gif , I appreciate the pic's!, That exhaust is what the new midpipes i have use and which i thought thats what they were but really unsure! attached is a pic also of what i have!, Yes i would like to modify a "E" stock exhaust muffler with spark-arrestor to use the 3-piece set-up which i think will allow a little flex to keep the cracking from happening that the two piece exhaust has been known to do!, might see what i can do & come up with now!, only thing i wonder if the front headpipe is different on the 2-piece verses the 3-piece setup? Again appreciate all your help and taking the time to snap the pic's for me! Thanx A Million & Ciao!, MW

CannonMoto

#7 Post by CannonMoto »

No Problem at all.

Both my header pipes are the same.

It looks like the silencers have brackets in a different place, but they both fit on. The three piece system silencer just sticks out the back more, you can see this in the first picture in relation to the side number plate. That's also why it only has one rubber side number plate buffer on it.