Help, Runs and Dies

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
Supermotodad51

#1 Post by Supermotodad51 »

My 440s starts and Dies, when it finally stays running it reves to 4500 rpm, then whin i try to idle it down the bottom falls out and dies.
I R&R stepper and put in new Injectors, fuel flow seems strong as filter is constianty flowing fuel thru it.
any thoughts??
electrical, restricted fuleline, failing pump or pressure regulator??

Higher # on injector offset means richer at Idle correct? currently .85
leakage is set @ 0
Thanks Kurt

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

Could be lean at idle and that is on the lower side of where most left the factory at.. do you know if that was a factory number and is this the same tb? My motors like 1.05 to 1.20 and yes higher is more fuel but that is with porting and open air filters. The opposite is true of the flow rate... lower is richer, where are you at on that because that plays a part in the idle fuel curve also. Where your throttle percentage ends up to get the 2100rpm is also a clue as to if your offset is lean or rich.

Supermotodad51

#3 Post by Supermotodad51 »

Thanks Ray that helped a lot now at 1.22
Still lights and dies 5 or 6 times before it lights and stays runnig
Idles @2500 then down to 2200 when the stepper closes at 205.
If i blip the throttle it idles up to 4500 and stays there even if you re blip the throttle.
if i hit the start button while engine is ideling @ 4500 rpm idle drops back to 2200????
is my TPS going bad ??
TP at 2200 rpm is 8.1
Any Ideas ?
On the positive side the bike absolutly rips.
I am running the map i wrote (with scooters help) for the cannodale (ATK) we raced in AMA SM
It is highly modified fuel and timing
But idle shouldnt change by bliping throttle. wondering if there are some othe electrical issues.
Thanks for the help!!

MyCannibal

#4 Post by MyCannibal »

Throttle Cal?

Supermotodad51

#5 Post by Supermotodad51 »

I throttle Cal every day i work on it , 1st thing i do. Thanks.

rayspeed

#6 Post by rayspeed »

I like to see the tp end up around 5% give or take 1 at 2100 and the engine warm... when you are up that high remember that at over ten percent it quits giving fuel while cranking. Also I would expect cold idle to be higher than 2500 so I think your iac might be a little suspect but check your boot real good for cracks or holes by spraying some wd 40 on it and the iac while running to see if the idle changes. If it is running real well otherwise and not fouling plugs my guess would be that you are still a bit on the lean side with either your off set or flow rate.

Supermotodad51

#7 Post by Supermotodad51 »

The WD40 Did not have an effect. What is the iac. Thanks for all your help.. it still Idles up( 3800-4500) when you blip the throttle,and wont come down unless you hit the start button...
Thanks for all your good advice!!

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

IAC=Idle Air Control

Check your throttle cable and the throttle plate to be sure it is secure.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Also try removing the power relay.