Blowing Fuses/Pump

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
who_gives_a6

#11 Post by who_gives_a6 »

C27: replaced the IACV and buzzing is gone. Glad I hoard spare parts! Narrowed it down now to what's hopefully the issue: fuel system.

I noticed when no fuel is in the pump or there is air in lines that it'll continuously pump when the starter is pushed like it should. However, when it pressurizes it will not pump at all until releasing the start button. Seems possibly too much pressure or a blockage maybe? Disconnects are gutted, new fuel lines, new filter, etc. Thinking pressure regulator but too late to go at it now. Will try again tomorrow. Hoping to have it ready by this weekend!

who_gives_a6

#12 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I'm just dumbfounded now. It's not fuel. About to get a new harness. I took the injectors out of the head to see exactly what's going on. End result is that when you hit the starter and hold it the injectors do one big spray and no more. If you remove the injectors from the fuel line then the pump will work as it should. Multiple injectors got the same result. The harness is sending current to the injectors once and then shutting off/not coming back until you release and retap.

Have replaced every plug in part, fuel components, ecu's, regulators, verified grounds, etc. And still not wanting to work right. If no one has any suggestions I'll be trying another harness. Anyone have an 02 bike harness cheap?

who_gives_a6

#13 Post by who_gives_a6 »

FIXED IT!!!!! haha. Crank position sensor.

Decided to try that for shits and giggles. Had a spare to took out the old and and the injectors started firing. Instantly fires and runs great now. Probably pissed off my neighbors but they'll live.

So for future reference of similar issues. Check the CPS before spending 10+hrs diagnosing! Although several parts were fried from the electrical spike from the light switch.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow do you think the spike took out the CPS? Congratulations!

who_gives_a6

#15 Post by who_gives_a6 »

No clue but glad it's fixed. I wasted a ton of parts from the spike, but a lesson learned. Thanks for the help/suggestions.