Whats the smallest rear wheel for the bike?

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Ive been thinking about riding the bike more and if i could drop the rear down 1 more inch I think it would be perfect . Ive already chopped the seat foam and installed a zps rear shock so its about 4 inches shorter. Brian says just run along side and jump on to board it. laugh.gif

bigfoot17

#2 Post by bigfoot17 »

Have you tried a softer rear spring?That would let it compress more when you are sitting.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Sitting on the bike is no problem its just getting a leg over to get on it. I suppose I could get some Jean Simmons boots and do yoga. The zps lets it sit much lower but I can only go so far before it affects ride height.

who_gives_a6

#4 Post by who_gives_a6 »

You could always try another brand's rear wheel. 18" was the smallest factory one I believe. When mine was stock but setup rear shock and 18" wheel, it was actually shorter than my wife's CRF250. I have a 19" now and it's almost the same.

CannonMoto

#5 Post by CannonMoto »

How about a S440 rear shock? I believe these are slightly shorter, and spec sheet says 12.2 inch travel compared to 12.6 on the dirt bikes. I've not measured them, but if need be I could put the X440 shock in the S and give you a real free height measurement difference.