X440 Parts

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
dkdoug08

#1 Post by dkdoug08 »

Anybody know of a RELIABLE OEM parts supplier for a 2003 X440? Note the capitalized RELIABLE. I have called a sponsoring forum parts supplier with no return call for a week now, emailed with a sizeable order asking about some other parts not showing in the catalog, again no response. Last time it took 2 months to get some parts from him. I don't mind owning a obscure machine, but it really makes it difficult when you can't even get someone to take your money for parts!! I see negative posts concerning crank rebuilders lack of communication and reliable service, now the 2 times I have tried to purchase parts it's a hassle. What's up with the service?

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (dkdoug08 @ Dec 4 2012, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody know of a RELIABLE OEM parts supplier for a 2003 X440? Note the capitalized RELIABLE. I have called a sponsoring forum parts supplier with no return call for a week now, emailed with a sizeable order asking about some other parts not showing in the catalog, again no response. Last time it took 2 months to get some parts from him. I don't mind owning a obscure machine, but it really makes it difficult when you can't even get someone to take your money for parts!! I see negative posts concerning crank rebuilders lack of communication and reliable service, now the 2 times I have tried to purchase parts it's a hassle. What's up with the service?

who did you contact? Either Brad or Canniboomer are your best bets. Dave and Brad are usually on top of things but just remember that this time of year folks do travel a lot. One thing to remember about the dale part folks is this is not their full time jobs usually. If you want to pm me I am sure we can get a hold of someone to help you out. For the X440 I think Dave would be your best bet, he is a bigger bike guy i believe. Brad may have gotten into more bikes, not sure.

Sean

Nate992v

#3 Post by Nate992v »

I think that patience is the key. I've gotten all sorts of parts that I thought would never be available. It's getting to be around the holidays, so that may be playing a part in it.

bigfoot17

#4 Post by bigfoot17 »

Dave is your best bet. He is fast and very reasonable. His new stuff beats a lot of the used stuff on E-bay.His phone number is listed with his signature. As others mentioned , tis the season and these guys could be doing other things. I have only had one time where Dave did not get back to me.
You can also try ATK. I did get some plastics from them.