re birth

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
exotic rider

#1 Post by exotic rider »

Just wanted to drop a few lines about the deals and parts I have gotten from sources on this site,first off got a killer deal on a a updated crank from wistech and a ton of parts from boomer, still got some stuff to order before its ready to go but wicked excited at this point having all the parts and seals ect to at least get the lower end together. I cant wait to push that e button and hear the roar of my other american made bike(I also own a rotax powered atk 350 cces).

funmachines

#2 Post by funmachines »

Hope you get it put together and running great again. My bikes have been very solid once everything was updated. good luck.

bigfoot17

#3 Post by bigfoot17 »

Sounds like you are getting there. Good to hear.

exotic rider

#4 Post by exotic rider »

thanks! I am pretty excited to get this thing thumping past some of my jap bike riding buddys that seem to think its a ticking time bomb.

polyesterpig

#5 Post by polyesterpig »

Once updated, mine have run flawless. I would REALLY suggest putting an overflow tank on your radiator. When the bike is run hard and then cooled down, it seams to suck air in the radiator. This causes cavitation in the water pump housing and no coolant flow. Then over heating. The quads don't have this issue since they came with an overflow tank. Many bike engines were ruined because of this.

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Not to get nit picky on terms but the ATVs use a reservior bottle not a overflow tank.

it does make a differance when it comes to mounting and how they function. the atv bottle is under pressure and it needs to be mounted higher than the rad. an over flow can be mounted any where and requires a radiator cap that is designed to work with an overflow tank.

polyesterpig, It sounds like you have done these up already. Might be something that needs to go in the UDATES and TIPs section here. with pics and part sorces

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

If you have any questions while building the engine dont hesitate to call me at 715 551 1498. There are lots of things people dont realize need to be done like polishing the one way bearing grip surface , rebuilding decomps, crank end play adjustement,pressure testing new or used valves springs,bench compression and oil flow testing, ring gapping ,checking for leaks ect that will come back to haunt you.

exotic rider

#8 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 12 2013, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have any questions while building the engine dont hesitate to call me at 715 551 1498. There are lots of things people dont realize need to be done like polishing the one way bearing grip surface , rebuilding decomps, crank end play adjustement,pressure testing new or used valves springs,bench compression and oil flow testing, ring gapping ,checking for leaks ect that will come back to haunt you.

Thats really good of you thanks!

exotic rider

#9 Post by exotic rider »

Got yet another order on its way from boomer! This order will allow me to button up the engine and put into the frame hooking up all electrical and fuel lines, that leaves me needing a new front tire and chain and oversize bar adapters and handgaurds. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

polyesterpig

#10 Post by polyesterpig »

One thing to look out for on the bikes is the main wiring harness rubs on bolt that attaches the sub frame to the main frame. I undo the tie straps and put plastic electrical sheathing around the part of the harness that touches the back of the bolt., then re-ties strap it. This helps eliminate chaffed and or broken wires inside the loom. FYI