re birth

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
exotic rider

#21 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (exotic rider @ Apr 24 2013, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when i ride my rotax atk 350 ive been asked about a dozen times if its a xr,funny thing is the engine covers say atk on them,n it has the v frame which uses the engine as a stress member,never seen a honda like that.

so today I ordered a new ballistic battery(lith ion) ,says it has 275 cca! I am hoping this works out well,I have a few friends that have em in their machines with good luck,I had a bike master gel that i took out of the atk I have but it was just not cranking enough after sitting for a long winter,tried hooking jumpers from my truck and still not enough so new battery was the only other option.it seems the inj were not squirting fuel as i removed them to check today,hopefully i have freed them up so when battery comes in it will start.

exotic rider

#22 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (exotic rider @ Apr 29 2013, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so today I ordered a new ballistic battery(lith ion) ,says it has 275 cca! I am hoping this works out well,I have a few friends that have em in their machines with good luck,I had a bike master gel that i took out of the atk I have but it was just not cranking enough after sitting for a long winter,tried hooking jumpers from my truck and still not enough so new battery was the only other option.it seems the inj were not squirting fuel as i removed them to check today,hopefully i have freed them up so when battery comes in it will start.

got the new battery,wow its lite! gave it a forty five min tricjkle charge n installed,i apparently was succesful in freeing up the injectors as the bike fired up after a few rumbles,my first thought is holy #:-P ?: this thing
is loud.i shut down n brought outside n started it again,this time allowing it to idle,turned idle down to acceptable level,n just enjoyed the sound of my now running bike,couldnt help but tag the throttle a few times n how instant of a response I got was just great,cant wait to get my first ride in!

NRath

#23 Post by NRath »

They don't idle at the nice slow lope the japper's do. 2200-2300 is a pretty good clip. Also want to make sure its up to temp before calling the idle good- makes a difference. It takes several minutes at idle, maybe 4-5, to get it warmed up. That's a good feeling when they fire! **** of a ruckus in there though isn't it?!!!

exotic rider

#24 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (NRath @ May 7 2013, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They don't idle at the nice slow lope the japper's do. 2200-2300 is a pretty good clip. Also want to make sure its up to temp before calling the idle good- makes a difference. It takes several minutes at idle, maybe 4-5, to get it warmed up. That's a good feeling when they fire! **** of a ruckus in there though isn't it?!!!

for sure not quite as smooth as the rotax atk or any other four stroker ive for that matter,but i can for sure feel the aggresive nature of this bike in the throttle,I am waiting to purchase a new frnt tire and chain to ride it. the rear is like brand new and the frnt is but there was no chain,o well what is another 60 80 for a chain when ive spent this much.thanks for the idle advice.