Thinking of getting the E back together again.

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
Rally2

#11 Post by Rally2 »

Thanks Wistech that pretty well confirms my plan to go stock bore 432 and ported head when I get my motor rebuilt.

omegas

#12 Post by omegas »

To update this thread a little

Just a shell from it's former glory

OH THE HUGE MANATEE!!!

Neatly piled up in the corner

polyesterpig

#13 Post by polyesterpig »

Looks like you changed the forks from the first set of motard photos?

omegas

#14 Post by omegas »

Yep, I started with the stock E shivers then picked up a set of cut down Ohlin's for motard use. After the crank let go, I let a buddy of mine borrow the 17's so the knobbies were put back on for moving it around.

omegas

#15 Post by omegas »

Kdeal now has my original and atk built motor pulling them apart to see what we're working with. I also snagged a set of ohlins from him to ride in style in the woods also now.

omegas

#16 Post by omegas »

Just an update, got the motors (had him do two) back from Kdeal and have 80% of the bike put back together. Fighting a couple gremlins right now.

The fuel pump will not fire, I have 12v at the connector so the ECU's just not grounding. Will pull out the DM kit and check the ECU

Jumped the fuel pump and the injectors are not firing. Not sure if they are stuck or again the ECU. Fuel pump does function though and pulled the injectors off to verify that fuel is flowing past them and it does.

What's the best way to clean an injector? Just let it sit in Diesel?

omegas

#17 Post by omegas »

SHE LIVES AGAIN!!!

omegas

#18 Post by omegas »

So I drug out the old (and I do mean old) laptop with the D&M kit and it took me about 2min to figure out.....

I put the wrong ECU in it

After that she almost fired right up, one stuck injector fixed later and BAM!!! Still need to hookup the cooling but didn't want the rad in the way incase my injectors or pump were bad. Good thing to, now just throw the cooling system on and button her up!

4 years, 4 YEARS and I finally get my Cdale to fire back up again.

exotic rider

#19 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (omegas @ Dec 2 2013, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I drug out the old (and I do mean old) laptop with the D&M kit and it took me about 2min to figure out.....

I put the wrong ECU in it

After that she almost fired right up, one stuck injector fixed later and BAM!!! Still need to hookup the cooling but didn't want the rad in the way incase my injectors or pump were bad. Good thing to, now just throw the cooling system on and button her up!

4 years, 4 YEARS and I finally get my Cdale to fire back up again.
nice!