internal fuel tank line replacement

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
exotic rider

#1 Post by exotic rider »

anyone on here ever replace the line inside the tank ? have tried using the 3/8 hose (new ) but seems to coil up as i tighten the fuel inlet/disconnect.any suggestions? bigger line maybe?

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

You need the clear plastic hose made for FUEL. Not the stuff from a hardware store. A local snowmobile or atv shop should have it on the shelf http://www.ebay.com/itm/5FT-TYGON-1-4-I-D-...tem33819a799alf. Ebay of course.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

More common are the yellow fuel lines, made specific for fuel immersion. The clear line is like for a tank to a carb, and will not last so long when submerged.
But whatever you use, be sure to hold the (dirtbike?) tank vertical and give the line assembly a shake after every turn of the tank fitting, or you will risk
hanging it up and corkscrewing the new line closed.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

X2 Especially now with Ethanol in gas. Clear plastic line is only good for a fish aquarium.

exotic rider

#5 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Apr 25 2013, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
X2 Especially now with Ethanol in gas. Clear plastic line is only good for a fish aquarium.

thanks for the advice,I will be going to the bike shop today,tried local auto shops last night and all they have is the black rubber hose,is the cr8ek or cr9ek the preferred plug for my bike it seems there is difference in opinion in earlier post on this site.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Cr8Ek is what I always run. Have never fouled one. I believe Canniboomer has the hose just get it from him.