its loud!

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
exotic rider

#1 Post by exotic rider »

got it running,runs great except it is loud! what are the bolt on options for a 2003 x 440 to be quiter? e440 set up? im kinda looking at a universal supertrapp ids (internal disc) system and having it fabed to fit,but would be much happier to take a bolt on route_ any ideas?

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I'm not the one in the know on exhausts but the E440 exhaust is very loud too. Much louder than previous bikes I've owned with stock exhausts. Not sure if it's quiter than the X model though.

bigfoot17

#3 Post by bigfoot17 »

I bought a used E440 because it has the spark arrestor. They are not real quiet. But if you are easy on the throttle,they are not all that bad.I used mine on a Wisconsin state trail and in the woods with your helmet on,it's passable.

exotic rider

#4 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ May 9 2013, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought a used E440 because it has the spark arrestor. They are not real quiet. But if you are easy on the throttle,they are not all that bad.I used mine on a Wisconsin state trail and in the woods with your helmet on,it's passable.

thats good to know,sounds like if I want less sounds im gonna have to get creative,stay tuned...

polyesterpig

#5 Post by polyesterpig »

Promoto billet used to make a quiet insert for the dale. I might have one in the garage, I will post pictures if I can find one.

exotic rider

#6 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (polyesterpig @ May 9 2013, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Promoto billet used to make a quiet insert for the dale. I might have one in the garage, I will post pictures if I can find one.

yeah i seen a pic on the other site before it stopped working,the ends on this can look on par with current models from jap bikes and fmf,fmf has a uni set up i looked at last night that would require a little fabe work to make it fit the stock mid pipe ,just trying to find the easiest route.

polyesterpig

#7 Post by polyesterpig »

Here is another topic with the fmf quiet pipe.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...&hl=Quieter

funmachines

#8 Post by funmachines »

If you or a buddy are handy with a TIG welder you can adapt an FMF Q or Q$. I put a Q on my E440 and it helps.

Good luck

exotic rider

#9 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (funmachines @ May 28 2013, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you or a buddy are handy with a TIG welder you can adapt an FMF Q or Q$. I put a Q on my E440 and it helps.

Good luck

was looking at the fmf power core insert for sa/silencer. I think it might work ,

bigfoot17

#10 Post by bigfoot17 »

Keep us informed of your project. As I mentioned,I have the enduro spark arrestor exhaust. It's not that bad,but quieter is always better. I read that a 2005 Honda CRF450 silencer works, too.