was running great then stalled?

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
exotic rider

#1 Post by exotic rider »

so i was out on my thirdride since the rebuild,about a half hour into the ride n i was on a staright clicked into third n gave the bike gas n it acted as though it was fuel deprived,n it died,i put it in nuetral n attempted to restart but it wouldnt start,waited a few min n tried again still notied staiedrting,pushed back to the road n tried again n it started up,i did crank the idle in about a quarter turn,not sure if that did it but i have shut off n let cool n it fired back up a few diff times,any ideas as to why this time was diff/

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

Easy stuff first -- The idle screw may be working outward with vibrations -- it should ideally be rather stubborn to move,... maybe smoosh or drip some shellac or glue or something on the spring-threads, if the knob seems to move too easily. Also maybe it's due for a fuel filter by now -- I forget which size you are using, but the standard filter is better when trimmed back to 5/16 in-out and still changed every 3rd or 4th outing.

bigfoot17

#3 Post by bigfoot17 »

Don't leave us hangin' . Did you get it fixed ? What was going on?

exotic rider

#4 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Jun 19 2013, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't leave us hangin' . Did you get it fixed ? What was going on?

the same thing that hsppened to you,my injector seperated from the cap,i zip tied it on this time,

bigfoot17

#5 Post by bigfoot17 »

Glad to hear that was all it was. Fun machine isn't it?

exotic rider

#6 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Jun 20 2013, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad to hear that was all it was. Fun machine isn't it?

Yes it is a extremly fun bike,handles great,feels lighter than it actually is while riding and is a total powerhouse,I do wish it had a tad bit more flywheel affect so I could lug the motor a little lower but this is something i can adapt to.

bigfoot17

#7 Post by bigfoot17 »

I agree with the lugging part. I changed my gearing to 14/50 and in my initial rides in the yard, I can say that it made a world of difference. I could actually stab the rear brake without the clutch .
Some day I may get it out for a trail ride and do the real world check.

exotic rider

#8 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Jun 23 2013, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with the lugging part. I changed my gearing to 14/50 and in my initial rides in the yard, I can say that it made a world of difference. I could actually stab the rear brake without the clutch .
Some day I may get it out for a trail ride and do the real world check.

I got that same gearing,but still not where I would like,however the exhaust set up im thinkin about will probably help.