Bike triple clamp offset

Bring all of your questions about the cannondale motorcycle here!
exotic rider

#11 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Jul 31 2013, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I miss the roll on low of many other bikes I have had. Hoping someone at the get together can help with that. As far as weight goes. I weigh more than my dale. I bet it wishes I would lose. Maybe that is why it keeps trying to throw me.
My favorite single track bike was a KDX220.
As far as suspension. I still wish it was a bit softer for tight woods. I will play with that some more. Too much deflection with rocks and roots,even with my weight.

have you set the sag? this was effective for me_i weigh 225 n am 6 "4.i actually like its rigidty for my pace,i had a kdx 220 and it was a good bike

bigfoot17

#12 Post by bigfoot17 »

I did set sag,but really haven't ridden enough to get a good feel. For as much as I ride,it should be fine.

funmachines

#13 Post by funmachines »

The forks were supposed to be valved differently depending on which model they were on. So the motocross models were valved stiffer than the E440. I have one set of each X, C and E forks and they are different. I prefer the E forks since I'm a trail guy.

I would start by setting the shock and fork clickers to the levels recommended for the E440 riding first (I have a chart from one of the old manuals if you need the numbers), set sag if it is off as was suggested and then try again. It may help a lot if things were not set right.

who_gives_a6

#14 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Do as recommended but if all else fails have a good Ohlins builder work on them. I have an E model and the setup was not the best on jumps/tracks but was great in desert areas. I ride more tracks so had a place who knows Ohlins work with them and wow, just incredible. Told him what I wanted and he delivered. Everyone comments on the bike when I ride saying that they can tell my bike from a distance just from how plush it lands/tracks.

When you're confident in the bike you'll have a whole lot more fun.

exotic rider

#15 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (funmachines @ Aug 2 2013, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The forks were supposed to be valved differently depending on which model they were on. So the motocross models were valved stiffer than the E440. I have one set of each X, C and E forks and they are different. I prefer the E forks since I'm a trail guy.

I would start by setting the shock and fork clickers to the levels recommended for the E440 riding first (I have a chart from one of the old manuals if you need the numbers), set sag if it is off as was suggested and then try again. It may help a lot if things were not set right.

if you dont mind posting those settings that would be great.

bigfoot17

#16 Post by bigfoot17 »

I didn't think that the clicks out were much different. I thought that the valving was different per model.

exotic rider

#17 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Aug 4 2013, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't think that the clicks out were much different. I thought that the valving was different per model.

i dont have any settings asa starting point,i only have the engine n efi manuals

funmachines

#18 Post by funmachines »

fork settings:
X440 C440 E440
12 16 18 compression (bottom)
12 14 11 rebound (top)

Shock settings:
X440 C440 E440
18 18 23 reb
14 15 15 comp

All: go clockwise until stopped, then count clicks going ccw

Another good thing to try - set first as above, find a short beat up hill or trail and try adjustments one at a time and try and optimize at same speed on same trail

Hope it helps

exotic rider

#19 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (funmachines @ Aug 8 2013, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thave you tried any changes with the high speed compression?

fork settings:
X440 C440 E440
12 16 18 compression (bottom)
12 14 11 rebound (top)

Shock settings:
X440 C440 E440
18 18 23 reb
14 15 15 comp

All: go clockwise until stopped, then count clicks going ccw

Another good thing to try - set first as above, find a short beat up hill or trail and try adjustments one at a time and try and optimize at same speed on same trail

Hope it helps

funmachines

#20 Post by funmachines »

There were some rear Ohlins shocks that had both low and high speed comp adjustment but most did not. I picked one up and used it on my 02 E440 but it did not come that way. I found the settings for that shock type too if anyone needs them. I have found the rear works well for me with the standard E settings and the right spring for my weight but forks take more tweaking. I weigh 218 and do not ride at high speed and may not be the best one to ask about settings for what you do - I just want good trail behavior on rocky and beat up terrain. Tweaking the forks and the shock settings a bit has definitely helped me - the Cannondale has a good planted feel that I like.